Monday, September 24, 2007

Am I a celebrity? I've been interviewed!

Its Monday, and I am procrastinating. I volunteered to play along with an interview meme with my friend, el-e-e...

Here are the rules as posted by Miss el-e-e: Leave me a comment (you, yes you) saying “Interview me.” I will respond by emailing you or leaving a comment with five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don’t have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. Here are my questions and answers:


Do you remember your wedding cake? What flavor/color/decorations was it and were you pleased with the results?

Do I remember a detail of an event (my wedding) that involves food??? Of course!! My wedding cake was three tiers. Each tier was a different flavor. The bottom, biggest layer was amaretto cream cheese cake with apricot filling and almond butter cream frosting. This one was my favorite! The middle layer was dark chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling and the same almond butter cream. The top layer was the same cream cheese amaretto cake as the bottom layer with strawberry mousse and the same butter cream. Our anniversary layer, which was not on the cake, was chocolate Kahlua cake with cappuccino butter cream filling and frosting. The frosting "design" on each layer was the same. The top surface of the cakes were frosted in a basket weave pattern with pearl dragees at each intersection. This was to duplicate the bodice of my dress. the sides of my cake had a draped ribbon and bows (inspired by the sleeves of my dress). The top of my cake was covered with ivory roses and then a vine of leaves and ivory rosebuds trailed down the cake. I thought my cake was beautiful, and it was scrumptious. It was so tasty that I was rather ticked off when there was none leftover when I returned from my three day honeymoon. My anniversary layer was eaten after only four months instead of one year because when it started to thaw for the second time in two months during the second hurricane induced power outage in two months, we decided it would not survive much longer. So, we had our friends from upstairs come down for a little cake by candlelight. Who says you can't have fun without electricity?

If you had the time and money to take ONE enrichment class this fall, what would it be? Basket weaving? Tennis? Elizabethan literature? something else?

hmmm, this is a tough one. There are so many things that interest me. There are lots of different cooking classes I would like to take. I think that ultimately, though, I would choose tennis. I am becoming a tennis widow around here. It would be really fun if I could catch on and then tennis would really be a great way to spend some quality family time. And, I love wearing tennis skirts!

Tell us about one funny memory you have from your college years.

Well, I am going to really show my nerdy colors with this one! At my university, as a chem major, you were given a key to the chem building your junior year and also a desk. There was also a cot in one of the rooms that held several of our desks. (this is a sign, by the way, that you have picked the wrong major!) Obviously, we all spent way too much time in that building and often did not have much time for fun. We made our own fun when we all needed a break. The dry ice maker make the dry ice in these neat little disc shapes that were like oversized hockey pucks. So, we all had some cheap hockey sticks. After all the normal people with lives had gone home and the janitorial staff was done with the floors, we would make some dry-ice "pucks." Then we would play hockey with them down the long, freshly waxed hallways. It was really fun because since the dry ice was sublimating, it would almost hover like a puck on an air-hockey table. I recently had some dry ice in the house and introduced this fun game to the boys. They were cracking up!

Who is your favorite character on Grey's Anatomy and why? Least favorite?

Favorite = Alex. His character is interesting and is more than meets the eye. He also doesn't whine constantly. However, lets face it, the real reason he is my favorite probably boils down to lust. The boy is, well, hot doesn't do him justice. He is absolutely delicious! And, did you know that in real life he is a devoted husband with five kids??? Oh, I love, love, love him!

Least Favorite = Christina. For a smart girl, she can be so DUMB!

What's one meal that you will make this week/weekend? I want to know everything, down to the drinks and condiments.

You aren't going to believe this, but I actually only made one real meal this weekend. We were too busy having fun. Sunday night finally required me to actually feed my children a real meal. It was not gourmet let me tell ya'! I made what we call 'round here, "Aunt Lara's Pink Pasta." It is Barilla Plus penne (because it is so much better for you than regular and it tastes GREAT!) with Knorr parma-rosa sauce from a mix. Then, I usually add in peas, but I didn't have any. So we just topped each serving off with some crushed black pepper and some really good Parmesan reggiano. I was far too lazy to steam any veggies, so I made each of us a cute fruit bowl with sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. The boys drank grape juice and I had ice water followed by a diet coke. For dessert, we had Cappuccino Brownies leftover from our Saturday tailgating.

4 comments:

el-e-e said...

Awesome answers! I CANNOT remember my wedding cake. I remember how it looked, but nothing about how it tasted (or even what flavors it was, though "amaretto" sounds familiar). Sad, no??

And yum, your meal sounds pretty darn good to me! :)

Candi said...

I haven't posted in awhile and have even had two kids with birthdays which would be the perfect excuse to post... Sooo....

Interview me!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Go ahead and interview me too! I can make no promises about when answers will appear.

Your college story reminds me of Real Genius-"smart people on ice!" And you crack me up with the cake details.

Paige said...

Seriously. It's a little demented that you remember the cake down to the minute details.

I'm so proud of you...