Wednesday, February 21, 2007



El-e-e, this is for you... (I even managed to include relevant pics!)

Thursday Thirteen (the first and the last!)



Thirteen reasons I am glad I have all boys. Because sometimes I looong for the pink....



1. I get to buy expensive clothes without guilt for the oldest because I can divide the cost by three, right?

2. I have never once cursed after stepping on a Barbie shoe in my bare feet.

3. I get to buy more shoes for myself because boys only need three pairs...brown leather of some sort, tennis shoes, and sandals for the summer.

4. I figure that I get to sleep an extra half hour (at least) because I have no one's hair to fix before school.

5. I have to pay for three rehearsal dinners, but no weddings.

6. Have you noticed that there are no books or movies on the market titled Mean Boys ?

7. When I go to get a pedi, no one ever asks if they can come too.

8. No one in my house will ever borrow my clothes and not return them.

9. I have yet to hear anyone in my house argue about who "hogs the bathroom"

10. Being the only female in the house, makes me "special" in a revered kind of way.

11. I have never had to go see Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses!

12. I love seeing my boys doing "manly man stuff" with their dad. It warms my heart as much as when they help me in the kitchen. I hope that we have helped to mold some evolved, well rounded men whose wives will appreciate my efforts for years to come.












13. One day, I will have three lovely, quirky daughters-in-law that I will love like the daughters I never had, and I will have never once stepped on a Barbie shoe they left on the floor.

4 comments:

el-e-e said...

Glad you got to do at least ONE T13, though I do wish they hadn't disabled the code! :(

Love your list. Barbie shoes, OW!

Candi said...

OK, Patrick has the three same exact pairs of shoes... And that is it!

And you would be surprised at how easily you can just vacuum up those damned Barbie shoes..... :)

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

These are all excellent reason. I will keep them all in mind as Sammy grows.

Also, I find it is much more fun to play cars than ponies.

Paige said...

#4 At 7:30 this morning you would have found me trying in vain to reach Mac's head as she stood in front of me while I gave her 2 french braids. Ugh.

I am living #6 right now and it absolutely sucks.

Mac usually only has 3 pairs of shoes too. On the other hand, my sister's 3 girls have always had a pair of shoes for each outfit. Weird.