Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hoseshoe, mezuzah, garlic, rabbit's foot?

We need something around here to ward off the bad luck! Saturday was the biggest comedy of errors I have seen in quite a while. It will probably take me 3x as long as normal to type this post, but we'll get that last.

The day started off well. Sleeping in a little while Rich got up with the kids and made my coffee. Then, a little reading and some snuggly, lazy time. A few little house chores, blog reading, and email checking. And that is where it went awry. The predicted heavy winds were starting to pick up as Rich and J went off for some tennis, and I happily poured another cup of coffee with some Starbucks liqeuer so that I could settle in to some over-due emailing. My first email was to a close pal in Japan who has been living it up. There was so much to say, and she had requested a lot of info. So, it was not a short email. The power flickered just as a was signing off! AARGH!!! So, I set about retyping it once I was powered back up. I get to the end, J and Rich return , and as I am telling them of my annoyance it happens again. Rich reccomends that I copy andpaste into Word so that it will save automatically in case ofa another glitch. smart. Why didn't I think of that? Well, I highlighted all the text, right clicked to copy AND then POOF! huge gust of wind, weird noises, and no more power. Pole down across the street. So, Ill try to shorten to bullet form...


  • email never sent (Leigh, I promise Ill get info to you ASAP!)
  • no power for 12 hours
  • tried to run errands, but traffic signals down or out everywhere and projectiles flying around. Turn around, go home, get nothing done.
  • at home, J manages to spilt his darn knee open AGAIN!!
  • oh, and there was laundry I had just put into the dryer, and a load washing in the washer, GROSS!
  • Girl's night out (the one I didn't know what to wear to) hmmm, how to look cute minus lights and blow dryer...go to your friend two blocks over with a bathroom bigger than your house complete with 42 inch plasma. Still, pain in the arse to load all the make-up and hair sundries.
  • after making self presentable, realize left purse at home and go back to pitch black house, stumble on something and hit knee on travertine floor (Ouch!)
  • Hurry out to car as am running late. Remember that I need to close garage door manually since power still out. Pull door down a little, use heels of hand on flat surface to slide door the rest of the way down. HOLY CRAP! that thing flew down! Taking my hand with it, and smashing my fingers between two of the panels of the door. hand stuck in door. Have to lean over to use free hand to push door back up to separate panels to release crushed hand. Son of a B----! Giving birth without drugs hurt less.
  • After some help, ice, and motrin from neighbor, I head to girl's night out. so nauseous I almost puke in husband's new car. Thankfully avert that crisis. My friend the doctor looks at my hand upon arrival at restaurant and sticks my hand in a glass of ice water, then informs me that I might have a fingernail by next spring. Great, Ill be looking like a freak.
  • Putting dishes away with left hand today and I manage to somehow drop a dish on my damn fingers!
  • am pecking out this post with my left hand while my right hand is in ice since my 3rd and 4th fingers are now bigger around than Rich's.

Now, on the bright side, girls night out was fun and I found something cute to wear. Would be cuter if I could drop about 10lbs. Any advice? Cuz, I am not getting the results from Yoga that Paige is!

So, I'm off to down a vicodin, crawl in my bed, and pray for a better week!

Tomorrow, a happy post with no kvetching, I promise!



3 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I'd say just take more vicodin adn you won't care about the ten pounds. I have 30 to loose. There isn't enough vicodin in the world.

el-e-e said...

Ow! For left-handed, you typed it up really well! I would have left all kinds of "teh"s and "goign"s. :)

Paige said...

Oh my GOD! Bless your heart. Forget the Vicodin and head straight to Rum. I'm actually so impressed that you actually went to Girls Night. I would have crawled into bed with the coveres over my head (with aforemetioned rum) and not come out for DAYS!