Friday, April 20, 2007

The Brilliance of Disney Songwriters

Paige used a quote from Mary Poppins in her last blog entry. I watch Mary Poppins almost daily. Someone in my house has an addiction and incessantly dances around like chimney sweep. If I knew how to put something on You Tube, I would put a clip of the dancing there so that you could laugh too. Anyway, since she quoted Admiral Boom, I feel the need to share the quote that keeps me from going nuts seeing and hearing Ms. Poppins every day. Girls, raise your glass to the Disney songwriter who penned this line in Sister Suffragettes...

" Although we adore men individually, we agree that as a group, they're rather stoo-pid"

2 comments:

Candi said...

This is so weird, my kids were just watching this yesterday, and do you know that I heard that line for the first time then... It's when the mom is singing at the very beginning, correct??

"Oh, you know how the cause infuriates Mr. Banks!"

Paige said...

OHMYGOD!!!!!! I'm just now reading this! Seriously - could we be any better suited for each other? Did I ever tell you that I watched Poppins almost daily when Dillon was little? He "incessantly [danced] like a chimney sweep" too! He called it "steppy-time" and would dance in circles, doing little jumps off my mom and dad's TV platform (conficured much like a regular step).

Wow. That cracks me up. As does your quote.

A-MEN, sister!