Monday, May 14, 2007

Cast Your Vote

I'm obsessing again. I know you're shocked. Ha!

Do you have any idea how many trips I have made to the wood floor showroom?

After many many trips to the showroom, much deliberating, and no less than 20 samples brought home and returned, I have narrowed the field to two choices. Neither choice is anything like the formal dark stained cherry I thought i would end up with.

So, I'm asking you for help. One choice is a very traditional 2 1/4-inch-strip of a warm honey brown tone of beech. The other is a warmer/darker, slightly-more-red stained maple in 6 1/2-inch plantation style planks. I think of wide planks as old and "plantation-y." Am I wrong? are they and their "rusticness" just a momentary trend? Should I stick with the uber-traditional? Considering, of course, this is not my dream house, I have to sell it at some point. Probably in 3-5 years. Want it to be very marketable to a wide range of people. Or, are other people not quite as picky as me, and they will just be happy to find a house with wood floors throughout?

Can't wait to hear what you gals of good taste think!

1 comment:

el-e-e said...

I want to see pictures of both, but in general I would say... if you're not really thinking of this as YOUR dream house... I'd probably wait to do the fancy 6" (sound gorgeous) floors.

Because you'd hate to leave them in 2 years, then have to pay TWICE to have them as your very own...

Practical, boring me. :)