Friday, November 30, 2007

Gonna wash that gray right outta my hair!

I have always highlighted my hair. Well, now those highlights are accentuating my *gasp* grays. So, today, for the first time, I am going to actually color my whole darn head to cover those pesky signs of aging. I'm a little afraid that I will leave the salon looking like a goth chic.*

I realize that this isn't that big of a deal. However, to me it feels like turning a corner. Albeit, a vain corner, but still a corner. What's next? Will I be asking Rich to get me some botulism for Christmas?

I can remember when I was 14 or 15 and tried to make myself appear older. What the hell was I thinking?

* Nothing wrong with being a goth chic - just very not me!
* Goth, however, still beats the helmet-like Texas Big Hair

2 comments:

Tess said...

I will totally dye my hair when and if I turn grey before my time.

It seems like the good thing about the full head dyeing is that it's easier to do yourself?

MaryB said...

Ah, the DIY hair color...funny story there. Wish I had pictures to show the disaster I created when I did that! I decided as I saw Joan Jett Rocker Chic in the mirror that I would levae all hair color to professionals from then on.