Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Short Version

Okay, so I have been a bit remiss in all of the Thanksgiving posting. Here is the short version:

Spent Thanksgiving with one of my bestest friends in the whole world that I never get to see because she is always too far away. It was great. I cooked until I could cook no more and she kept up with the dishes as I blazed through her kitchen. Her kids are so big and old! We ate many leftovers. We went shopping (NOT at 4 am!) We were complete girls and gave her a make-up makeover. The Friday after Thanksgiving was Enid Lights Up the Plains. Very cool small town holiday tradition in the town square. An hour before we were supposed to start heading downtown it began to snow. It kept right on snowing all. night. long. So, there we were in the twinkly, lit-up town square drinking hot chocolate, watching fireworks set to Christmas music as snow was falling. Seriously? Does it get any better? Then the kids started complaining that they were cold. Are you kidding me? Susan and I responded to this by singing and dancing to the music and embarrassing the crap out of them by doing so. We went home and warmed up by the fire (and roasted a few marshmallows in said fire) while watching Elf. Holiday Bliss.

Now I am home and can NOT get my head above water. I am drowning in housework and errands, yet all I really want to do is start decorating for Christmas and sip my drinking chocolate. Must clean first! There are just not enough hours in the day. I suppose sitting here writing this is not helping me to get anything done! So, I am off to tackle the to-do list.

How do you guys do it all? Especially you working moms? I need advice!

3 comments:

Anything is Possible said...

MB- I didn't go anywhere all weekend and I was bombarded with cleaning chores and laundry. I just finished last night. Every time I turned around something was being dumped on the floor or down the front of clothing. I bought a new vacuum cleaner to help motivate myself. It helped.
So glad you had fun with Susan! I would love to see pictures of her beautiful home if you have any. I'm so jealous! Is Andrew still telling jokes?

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

So glad you and Susan had fun. The whole trip was worth it just to simultaneously embarass your children. I suggest decorating around the mess. Or over it. Anything with lights on it can be a holiday decoration.

el-e-e said...

Here's how I'm doing it: Scheduled a party. Nothing like a few people coming over to get your ass in gear. GAH.

Sounds like the holiday with Susan was AWESOME -- snowing in the town square?? What could be more idyllic? Lucky girl!