Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I was going to bore you with Thanksgiving menu details, but, alas, you will have to wait for such (and I know you will be waiting with bated breath!) since herself has tagged me with the 7-weird things meme. And, if you know me, you know that I have plenty o' weird to blab about.

Here's the meme info:- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, without further ado...

1. I have an issue with counters. Ask anyone who knows me, I HATE things to be on the counter (most especially the kitchen counter). Normal people have things like toasters, salt and pepper, canisters, and the like on their kitchen counters. Not me. They have to be put away after use. I have had to let go of some of this stupidity because my kitchen looked like a vacant house for sale and my husband, rightfully, complained about it looking sterile rather than inviting. Currently I have allowed a pretty glass bowl of fruit (currently empty) and a small wine rack. Also, my beloved KitchenAid now remains out because the dopes who re-did this kitchen were not so smart as the ones from my last house who put in a cabinet especially for the mixer itself, and then built little cubbies into the cabinet for the attachments. Oh, how I long for my cabinet back!

2. I have conversations with people (who aren't really there) in the mirror. Yep, call the crazy bus, I need a ride. Seriously, I bet you all do this, don't you? Someone majorly pisses you off. You can't tell them off like would like to because you have some sense of professionalism and propriety. So,you have that conversation with them while you admire and perfect your bitchy facial expressions and gesturing. Hey, you never know when you might just let "em have it for real, and you need to be on top of your game!

3. I HATE fresh tomatoes. Yes, I know I'm all about fabulous food and cuisine, but I hate fresh tomatoes. It is not fitting. I have tried, really I have. I force myself to eat them on occasion just to see if my taste buds have turned over a new leaf. And every. single. time. I want to vomit. I do happen to very much enjoy sun-dried tomatoes. Weird. I know.

4. My perfume makes me sneeze, but I keep wearing it anyway. I am very very very picky about perfume. Hate most all of them, but love this one, so I'm going to keep on sneezing, and smell good doing so.

5. I lived in Japan for three years and I still hate most sushi? How is that possible?

6. My husband never refers to me by real name. For years, I have been, "Larry." (long story) Lately, however, Ive noticed that he is slowly phasing in "Meredith" and "Meredith Baxter Birney." Is he trying to call me a made for Lifetime TV psycho?

7. I am married to a pilot, but HATE, despise, loath traveling by plane. In fact, my hatred of air travel is so intense, that I do not think the English language has a strong enough word for it. This irony cracks my mother up.

So, there. If you were not already aware that I am weird, now you know. If you already knew, now you have more evidence.

Im not going to tag seven people, because I'm just throwing it out there for everyone! Make me feel less alone in my eccentricities.

3 comments:

Tess said...

LARRY? Oh, that is awesome. I think she's back to just Meredith Baxter now. Doesn't have quite the same ring.

el-e-e said...

I'm stealing "Call the crazy bus, I need a ride." Hahahahahhaha!

Anonymous said...

Love the counter thing. ha! I think if I had enough cabinets, I would be the same way. Love that you put all those things AWAY!