Monday, November 12, 2007

See? Not a Pessimist, Just a Realist **UPDATED**

Evidence of the pitfalls of optimism:

This just appeared in my inbox. (blah-blahs inserted to erase name of companies/peoples in case I'm not supposed to publish this crap for some kind of internal company mumbo-jumbo)

November 12, 2007
Due to the problems submitting bids via bid sort programs just before the bids closed on Sunday, November 11, 2007, bidding has been reopened as of 0955 Central on Monday, November 12, 2007 and will close at 1700 Central on Monday, November 12, 2007.There are still intermittent problems submitting with bid sort programs, so please use blah-blah and don't forget to GET AND PRINT a bid receipt.If you already had a valid bid in, there is no need to resubmit. This bid period extension is for those pilots who experienced problems on Sunday, November 11, 2007.

--blah-blah Scheduling -- blah-blah Contract Administration

If he still gets the schedule he was awarded yesterday I'll be thrilled, but I refuse to be excited until that is confirmed (which I kinda doubt will happen). Cross your fingers for us, will ya?

**UPDATE** Thank God I did not tell the kids - he, of course, in spite of your crossed fingers, will not be here. Well, he will be on reserve, so technically he could be here if they do not call him in. Seriously, like some dork isn't going to call in "sick" and my husband won't get called in to fly his trip???? Ha! Experience has taught me better than that! I should not complain I suppose considering those people who will be mourning loved ones who will not ever be there for Christmas morning, or soldiers overseas in hot, sandy places...but seriously, 4 damn years in a row? When do my kids (and their dad) catch a break?

1 comment:

el-e-e said...

Aw, MAN!! That is NOT COOL. So sorry. :( Hope he gets to stay home in the end. Surely they know when people "call in sick" on Christmas, right??? Someone is there to answer the phone and say, "Are you REALLY sick, Mr. Pilot?? REALLY?"

Right?