Thursday, December 13, 2007

First Friends ................................. WARNING - so adorable, it may make you puke



Meet Grant and George. This picture was taken Christmas Day last year when Grant got (met) George from his Grandma. They have been inseparable ever since. Frankly, George probably should have been in our family Christmas picture. They play together, watch Curious George on TV together, ride in the car together, read stories together, share snacks, and George even comes to church with us. (where Grant makes him sit, stand, and kneel at the appropriate times - its a sight!)




Recently, George got a rip on his head. Grant said,
"Don't worry, George, I'll take care of you." This is the result:













(In case you can't tell, that is a band-aid that Grant did all by himself without telling me - never mind that about 5000 band-aids were dumped out in the drawer - thats not the point)


Then, a little later Grant came to ask me, "Mommy, do you think Jamie and Connor will babysit George?" Puzzled, I asked, "what do you mean?" His answer: " I need them to take care of George so I can go shopping to buy him a Christmas present."

And, if that is not one of the sweetest friendship stories you have ever heard involving a 4 year old boy and a monkey, then you have no heart. Or, maybe you know more monkeys than I do.

Did you have a favorite cuddly "friend?"

3 comments:

el-e-e said...

Oh, man, that is CUTE. Buy him a Christmas present??!?! I'm in love with Grant.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

This is priceless. Every picture I see of Grant makes me want to grab him and swallow him whole. I can't wait to meet him someday. Preferably before he's 30.

I love this story. Who doesn't love Curious George? Though maybe no one loves him more than Grant. I love that he's a full participant in mass.

Paige said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet.

I did not have a friend (I had a blankie) but Mackenzie had Cubby. And Cubby was her best friend until about age 10, when she became afraid that her friends would hear that she slept with a stuffed bunny and hid her in her armoire. It made me sad and I kept dragging her out and putting her on Mac's bed. I finally stopped and now she lives in Mac's closet. :(