Thursday, January 17, 2008

Romance In the Technology Age

WARNING: It may make you puke!


Obviously Rich spends a lot of time away from home being that he has not one, but two, piloting jobs. In my attempt to keep the "romance" alive after 13 years on the road I decided to just send him a link to the you tube video of Mr. Hottie Buble's Everything. I expected no response.


Instead, what I got was a link to Home complete with a lovely note about how the song is a complete rendering of his life.


While all of this is sickeningly sweet I think it is necessary. Seriously, many of you who read whatever drivel I offer up over here happen to also be pilot's wives. I think you would all agree that it can sometimes feel like he is heading out for some kind of adventure leaving you behind to deal with the drudgery of day to day life with children. Knowing, and being reminded, that he doesn't always want to leave and misses the day to day with you makes it all easier to deal with.





6 comments:

Tess said...

I love "Home" SO MUCH.

This is very sweet, and also YOU ARE ALL SO CUTE!

SLynnRo said...

Very cute.

Also, being a pilot is hot. Much hotter than being married to a stupid lawyer.

Katie said...

Thank you!!! That totally hit home for me!

My husband also has the two piloting jobs (looks to be the same airline, as well!) and I feel the same as you.

I'm left here dealing with the SHIT while he has 17 hours overnight in a nice hotel.....alone. Damn. What I wouldn't give for that.

But, this Home video made me cry. Seriously. I have never listened to the song "Home" in that context!

Paige said...

Awesomely said.

(And I love that picture of you two in black.)

And also - Musashi patch - just gave me flashbacks...

Candi said...

LOL - so funny, I thought the same thing as Paige and I didn't even know you two then (well, technically, I don't know you now either!!).

But, Amen. SO well said.

Anything is Possible said...

Great pictures!!

We sing Home in our house too. Actually, Newman (the wienie dog) does a great rendition and we all sing backup. Someday I'll record it for fun.