Thursday, February 28, 2008

Waste of Time and Good Times

I have a question. WHAT is the educational value of word searches? I can totally see their value as an activity to help make studying for a spelling test more interesting. Looking for letters of a word in the correct order could definitely accomplish that. However, beyond that I see no value at all except to waste time that could be spent actually studying. For example, a word search containing 44 words like deoxyribonucleic acid, allele, adenine, and guanine is STUPID. Seriously, what does looking for these words accomplish??? If there is some hidden purpose that I'm missing here please let me know. In that case, I will stop burning Jamie's teacher in effigy and remove her picture from the dartboard in the hall closet.

In other news, I have just opened my first Sophia for the weekend. The kids are in bed, Rich is on the last leg of his trip and when he arrives home in a few hours I am officially off duty for the next three days. The first three days of being off duty IN EIGHT YEARS!!! To mark the occasion, I got a new haircut and finally took the plunge and went to an all over color (damn the gray hairs!) under my highlights. The girl at the grocery check out told me I looked like Katie Holmes minus the crazy Scientology accessories. So, all in all, I think it is a success. Now, I just have to find a dress and get a pedi/mani! Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sorry, no help here, We are still on ABC recognition and rhyming. Sounds silly though! Good heavens what were those words?? And what grade do those words fall in?

MaryB said...

6th grade biology - see what you have to look forward to? THIS is whay Im way overdue for a vacation. That and the 4th grade "sandwich" book report which the dear husband is going to get to be the overseer of this weekend.

Tess said...

Enjoy your time! I have STRONGLY CONSIDERED that Katie Holmes hair, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. She's only had it for like a YEAR.