Monday, February 11, 2008

A Lack of Intelligent Thought

I have used up all of my brain cells and their ability to articulate thoughts due to:

1. I feel like crap. Whoever left their knives stuck in my throat can feel free to remove them (please!)

2. I have no energy left to articulate as I have been trying very very hard to elegantly articulate, without my head exploding, to my husband the million reasons that his volunteering to go to Iraq/Afghanistan is a bad, nonsensical idea. You would be so proud of me. I only screamed at him once in the god-forsaken-never-ending-circular-miserable "conversation." The only time I actually started to lose it was when I screamed at him that maybe if he made better voting choices we wouldnt be having this conversation. Obviously this is a topic which warrants its own post, or maybe a million posts, but I lack both the energy and perspective to try to sort any of it out in a sensible manner at this point. Why Why Why did I marry a man with a freakin hero savior complex?????? Oh, see there I go...time to stop right now.

3. I'd rather spend all of my remaining mental energy on happier things, like when might baby el-e-e appear??? What will her name be?

7 comments:

Katie said...

Did we marry the same guy? We have had that "conversation" a few times around here. I feel your pain! I hope he comes around to the correct way of thinking! ;)

I hope you feel better soon, too. I HATE having a sore throat!

SLynnRo said...

I think screaming once shows great restraint.

el-e-e said...

Oh, dear. No more screaming, your throat is already sore! But... good job screaming: he needs to listen to REASON.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You could always just lock him in a closet. Or offer to shoot him yourself and save him the trip.

Tracy said...

Sorry Katie, I think I am married that man.

I hope you feel better soon! It really sucks when mom is not feeling well.

Mandy said...

LMAO at the comment above from annie

Anything is Possible said...

I agree with Annie.