Thursday, February 7, 2008

Since it is my policy to not blog about politics...

1. Lets just start with the husband. His most recent trip required him to call me for directions. First of all, we bought you a really nice GPS, why didn't you take it you??? Secondly, he was asking me for directions, somewhat impatiently, while he was on the H1 looking for the Outrigger Waikiki! What was I doing? Checking math homework, explaining predicate adjectives and nominatives, yelling at children to brush their teeth....and seriously, you are surprised that I sound a little annoyed to be google mapping your route to the freaking Outrigger?

2. You come home from trip to Hawaii and start telling me how you wish I was the kind of woman who could homeschool our children. "We are slaves to their school schedules, and you are so smart, and their tuition is 5 gajillion million dollars, you could save us money"...blah blah blah. HAS HE MET ME???? Has he seen me check their homework? A charging rhino would scare them less than having me for a teacher. And, lets just talk about how, one more time, you inadvertently make me feel like there are a million other women who do something better than me! Is this inferiority complex in my own head? Probably. Still, does he have to feed the monster?

3. I am 33. People should not use the word perimenopuse in a sentence where I am the subject!


Okay, enough with the bitching. Here are some non-bitchy odds n' ends:

1. Grant has taken to calling me "Mama Maribel." I have no idea where this came from. (Maribel is not my name in case the maryb led you to believe that. Its MaryBeth in case you were wondering)) It is very cute. It makes me smile.

2. We are having a barbecue at my friend Heidi's this weekend. It is all a ruse to get her friend Amy together with my brother-in-law. Im interested to see how that goes. Match making is mostly ill advised, but I can't resist.

3. Remember this? Well, the year is more than half over and I have survived thus far! One more major project and then it will get so much easier.

4. My friend Susan has figured out why Vista sucks. so. terribly. badly. She has decided that it was engineered by a 15 year old boy, and the program, like its maker, just masturbates all day. It gets itself all worked up. Explodes. Then, it has to nap to recover. Repeat. Over over and over. Multiple times per day. Rich asked if I had been drinking when I was on the phone with her. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much. Do you think Apple could work this into one of their Mac v. PC ads?

5. I have not shopped at Eddie Bauer in years, not since the late '90s in Japan when they were one of the only people with a really good on-line store. Their catalog came in the mail yesterday and I think I MUST have this trench! So cute in the robin's egg blue! Is Eddie trying to step up the style a little bit beyond the camping cargos?

Okay, well, obviously I have nothing worth writing about today. As if that is any different than every day? Have a great Thursday.

8 comments:

Tess said...

My stepmom's name is MaryBeth! So, yeah. YAY? Don't know where I was going with that.

That charging rhino thing was hilarious.

SLynnRo said...

The trench- tres chic. But I don't think trench weather exists in Texas. You get "fucking hot" or "Fucking cold." The end.

Tracy said...

I hate when hubby goes on a great trip and then calls and says "can you do this or I am doing this, wish you were here..." Don't make me reach through this phone and hurt you!

el-e-e said...

Love Eddie Bauer, i must admit.

Mandy said...

Cant wait to hear how the set up went!

Katie said...

I love your "Don't marry a pilot" category. So hilarious!

My husband loves to call me during dinner time (or nap time, even worse) and ask me to check the Internet for him while he's on a trip. I remember in training they said EVERY HOTEL those people stay in wil have internet access for them. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT?????

I could never, ever, ever, ever home school in ten million years.

Also, I know how you feel about the inferiority complex. John is always saying things to me like "you have so much to contribute to the world. You could get paid to do X, Y or Z!" UGH!!!! NO!!! Don't make me feel worse than I already do!

Anything is Possible said...

I don't normally shop at Eddie Bauer but that is one cute trench coat. I'd go for it! bodenusa.com also has a cute trench coat. I wanted it but got pregnant...yada yada yada. -Next year!

Swistle said...

OMG. Homeschooling. My firstborn has been asking me to do that ever since he found out it existed. Me: "ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME??" AS IF! I am SO IMPATIENT, explaining things! And he is so argumentative!