Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trader Tuesdays - Make Your House Smell Delicious Edition

For this Tuesday's trade I offer you a link. This is what I put in the crockpot when I need a yummy, healthy meal for a night filled with meetings, et al. (Which is pretty much every night...)

Without further ado, here it is. Don't skip the coconut rice. Not even if you THINK you hate coconut. My kids hate coconut, but LOVE LOVE LOVE coconut rice.

My alterations:
1. I sometimes add baby carrots
2. I add a couple turns of soy sauce to the orange juice mixture
3. I serve with Siracha

Chris Jordan's blog is one of my absolute favorites. you have probably visited it before, but if you haven't, Go. Go now.

7 comments:

el-e-e said...

YUM. I loved this. DH, not so much, but then he's crazy and doesn't like CURRY.

Crazy.

Erin said...

I have never heard of Chris Jordan, so thanks! That recipe looks AWESOME. I am putting it in my recipe notebook right now and I can't wait to try it. Brett is out of town this week, so there's no point in me cooking all for myself. But next week for sure!

Mandy said...

so I discussed this with eric .. he does not like sweet potatoes ..WTF is THAT about???? and I dont like curry (I WANT to like curry .. I REALLY REALLY do ... and I try it often ... but I just dont)
I know I requested this recipe .... ugh

MaryB said...

You might both be surprised. Rich doe not really like sweet potatoes either. Well, he didnt until he married me anyway as his dad is CONSTANTLY telling me how much rich hates them. HOWEVS, he called me during the ntg last to tell me how delish it was. Also,the curry is ot so strong when you are mixing it with the orange juice and garlic. Add a little xtra soy to the mixture...I think you might be surprsied. And it is pretty darn healthy! Oh, and, what if you substituted carrots for Sw. pot? Although, the Sw. pot ar e SO MUCH BETTAH!

Julie said...

CANNOT WAIT TO MAKE THIS! :)

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

MB- I made this tonight and I really liked it. Pat, not so much. It was too much like the chicken curry they overfed them on the carrier. Sam didn't eat anything tonight so the jury is still out on him. I can totally see making this for a meeting. And I think I may do the coconut rice with your bbq shrimp. Yummy.

Brenda said...

I made this for the whole family - 12 peoples. My parents, my sis and her family and my youngest brother. My youngest son and his girlfriend. I had two crockpots going.

The coconut rice was a HUGE hit. Everybody loved this. I added just what the recipe called for with curry, but I should have added more. Or a more currier curry. There wasn't a lot of curry taste.

I'll have to try it with some soy sauce next time.