Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Procrastinating

That's what I'm doing. I should be running around like a crazy cleaning machine preparing for my sister in law and family to arrive tomorrow. I just can't seem to get motivated to do so. I am so going to hate myself in the morning. Too many chores and errands and not enough time. Same at all of your places too? I bet so.

Surgery is re-scheduled for next Tuesday. So, SIL and girls here for Easter (Thurs thru Monday) Connor gets his spacers for braces on Monday. I have my surgery on Tuesday. Rich leaves Wednesday afternoon as my parents arrive to stay until Saturday. And, Saturday is my Dad's 60th birthday.

The Atlanta clan wants a real Texas experience so we have box seats at the Championship rodeo on Saturday night. Somewhere amongst all the fun I need a little time to get Easter Dinner prepared. Rich got called in to fly, so I'm trying to be two people at once for a few days. He will be back for Easter and probably for the rodeo so I'm happy to take what I can get.

Oh, and did I mention that I am in the middle of kicking the caffeine habit? Holy Crap! I won't lie, it is kicking my arse. Maybe I should have tried to start this after all my house guests have come and gone. Too far to turn back now though.

If any of you know how to create some extra hours between 7 and 4 tomorrow please let me know. I could really use some extra time to get it all done. You know, all the stuff I should have been doing today instead of falling prey to my vanity with waxings, hair cuts and pedicures. Vanity or necessity? I'm going with absolute necessity. If you had seen my hair you would agree.

Okay, I'm getting back to work now. Sorry for the disjointed thoughts. Too tired to be succinct and orderly. But, we're all caught up now.

If you need me Ill be in the kitchen. Happy Easter to all! Hope the Easter Bunny hops over to visit you and yours.

3 comments:

el-e-e said...

Holy cannoli, giving up caffeine?! What are you, crazy?? Didn't know about the spacers/braces situation. Extra fun! Glad your parents are going to be there next week, that'll be a help. Just smile and breathe.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I think upcoming surgery excuses you from many of the normal hosting requirements. You tell them I said so. I'll be thinking of you all day Tuesday. Glad you'll have plenty of family around to help and distract you.

Paige said...

Hey. Today is Wednesday (is today Wednesday?). That means yesterday was Tuesday (I think).

If it was, I hope everything went well. Hugs.