Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mr. Murphy, You can stick your "law" right up your ass already

  1. Murphy's Law is a real bitch. But, it is, in fact, a rule of nature. Since the man of the house has abandoned me to "serve the country" for a few weeks the following have occurred.

    1. Mouse in the kitchen (are you freakin kidding me?"!#$%^@*!)
    2. Middle child split back of head open, AND had the audacity to bleed on my vintage cowboy print pillows.
    3. Aforementioned middle child's injury is reopened when his head is pelted with a basketball at PE the following day.
    4. Aforementioned mouse (which we thought was long gone after visit from exterminator)scampers across floor as my mom (read: only reinforcement) is leaving for the airport, so I am once again left alone to deal with the D-A-M-N nasty sonofabitch.
    5. As I am sitting in desk chair (feet pulled up into chair) pretending to not know there is a mouse in the kitchen, the school nurse calls me to pick up middle child. He has been hit, hard, in the forehead with a badminton racket and seems to be abnormally drowsy.(thankfully, he turns out to be just fine.)

    Does any of this crap ever happen when the man is at home? Hell no! Any time he leaves for the airport (and, um, hello - he is a pilot - so this is like all. the. time.), you can count on some plumbing disaster, a call from school, a trip to the ER, or most likely all three and more. Are you with me on this? Tell me it is the same at your houses. Nothing ever goes wrong until you really, really need it to go right for a while. I'm thinking of starting a new blog called, Don't Marry a Pilot!

    However, the universe must have taken some pity on me because my mom and I accomplished the great majority of my Christmas shopping, and most of it is even wrapped and safely hidden away. AND, I landed two really cool, hard-to-find gifts that I had planned to not even bother with. I bet you can guess what at least one of them is ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mr. Murphy really laid it on thick! The words "split his head open" give me the willies. I don't know how you handle being the mother of three BOYS! Yikes!

el-e-e said...

OMG, I hope Connor is really okay. DOesn't he deserve a few days off, though, after all this head trauma?? (Maybe he could help you chase the mouse while he's home?)

Sorry, honey! I didn't know there was a tour of duty in the mix this month, ugh.

Anything is Possible said...

MB - goodness. I've got one even better than the mouse...RAT. Yep, in the attic last year and the year before. I used to sleep with the child because I could hear them in the walls. The funny thing about rodents...they make palmetto bugs seem harmless. Not to worry, Jas swears all the holes are filled this year. He's leaving next week for a few days so I'm sure you know exactly what I'll hear the first night he's gone. Can I just add this little tidbit? We aren't disgusting or dirty people so why the hell they chose my house I'll never know.

And yes, ER visits always happen when the man is not available. ALWAYS. It sounds like you are okay with blood, since you used the phrase 'split open head'. I pass out at the sight of blood. Imagine trying to control the flow to determine if we need to go to the ER while your vision is fading. Next time I'll call you.

Mandy said...

if you start a "dont marry a pilot" blog I would LOVE to be a part of it!!