Monday, January 14, 2008

So, what did you do this weekend?








I know you are SOOO jealous of mine!














Yes, that is bacteria from my unwashed, and then washed, fingers. OOOH GROSS! And, those tennis balls and tennis court were a lot more work than the picture lets on. Then, darling son broke with my policy of the "No-win A" The policy states that you must work hard enough to get an A, but not hard enough to win anything. Winning always requires more from me. things like getting up at 7 am ON A SATURDAY to drive you and your project to the High School for the all-school history fair. Blech!

Seriously, we did have time to squeeze in some fun this weekend. In doing so we (Rich and I) had some major revelations.

1. We are now the parents of big kids.
2. Parents of big kids do not have to have babysitters and can be spontaneous.
3. How is is that at a table of 12 people able to be spontaneous we are the only ones to have ever been married, not to mention have kids (3!) and STILL be the youngest people at the table?
4. We really were young when we had kids! (DUH!)
5. That has actually worked out quite well for us...33 and baby-sitter free!
6. This is a whole new phase in our life.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I'm 36 and a half and need a babysitter so I can get my nails done. But having Sam late was really rather perfect for me. I keep thinking I'm going to be one of the "older Moms" but I have a feeling I'll find I'm about average when he hits school.

I'd be afraid to know what is on my unwashed hands...

MaryB said...

You will definitely be in the average age range of other parents when Sam is in school (from my experience). As you know, I have spent years convincing people that I didnt have jamie at 15 in a public restroom or something. Thankfully, once I hit over 30 people stopped acting so shocked and it has been nice.

And, I hope you did not t hink I meant that everyone shold have kids early. You know me to well to think I would mean that, right?

I'll babysit for you!

Be more afraid of the triclosan in antibacterial soap than of the bacteria on your hands!