Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Your Mission Should you Choose to Accept It

There was recently an article on Yahoo News about what songs are the absolute best for working out. They had deconstructed it to quite a science. While this deconstruction and analysis greatly appeal to this science nerd I just do not have time to evaluate every song's "beats per minute" and "positivity of message." I just know what I like. A song that makes me want to keep moving and makes me feel good about myself or just generally happy.

So, I'm making over the playlist. Your mission is to let me know what your favorite workout songs are so that I can add some of them to my playlist. No suggestion is too strange.

Here is my personal favorite. (Mom, do NOT click, you will so be mortified that your daughter would listen to such trash.)

4 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I run to a mix of Everclear, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Fatboy Slim and one great Mambo number. I also just downloaded Matchbox 20's new song to the mix. For lifting/ warm up stuff I have a little of everything, depends on my mood. But I need fast-paced to keep me running.

Tess said...

I actually don't care much about a positive message. Sometimes I even listen to sad or slower songs when I work out. Strange but true.

One thing I like to do is go to iTunes and look at the Top 100 songs from a certain time in your life, like maybe the year you were a senior in high school or your freshman year of college or something. Then download a bunch of those old school tunes. Always a kick. Probably about half of my iPod is 90s hip hop.

Flibberty said...

Don't laugh, but I think Toxic (yes, by the troubled Miss Spears) is one of the best songs to work out to.

I can't look at your link at work (some sort of alarm goes off in our IT person's office, I think) but I'm excited to hear your fav when I get home.

Anything is Possible said...

You're too funny MB. Consider me completely shocked! These are some of my personal favs:
Yeah Yeah Yeahs- "Phenomena"
Scissor Sisters- I don't feel like Dancin'
The Detroit Cobras- Cha Cha Twist
The Fratelli's- Creeping up the Backstairs
Finger Eleven- Paralyzer
Feist- One Two Three Four

I take working out very seriously and love my music!