Katie says that she can't help me without some photographic eveidence of the "chic-ness." So, here it is. Critique away. Keeping in mind several things:
1. I'm not done yet. Window panels and lumbar/boudoir pillows on the way.
2. Im not sure how the paint color appears on your monitor. It is Powell Buff by Benjamin Moore. It is a golden/buttery/tan. I did not want yellow, and I did not want Khaki.
3. My 12 year old (you know, the one with all the fashion advice!) says maybe I should make the walls a darker shade. Although, I think they appear lighter in the photos than they are in person.
4. I told you my house was small!
5. I think the red will look less stark when the very light carpet is gone and the wood floors are in.
6. My husband (the sole wage earner) is a lowly pilot, not a CEO with a golden parachute.
7. Nate Berkus or Martha Stewart I am not. (though I SO wish I was!)
8. The white coverlet and Euro's are a diamond matelasse pattern.