Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wanted: Geography Tutor

Last night, I was helping Con (4th grade) work on his oh-so-very-long take home Spanish test. Because you know it would be too convenient if that test came home while the father WITH A DEGREE IN SPANISH was home! I got stuck, so I called Rich in his hotel room. At some point he is incredulous that the Spanish teacher has not taught something or another in a certain way and Connor says (in his best DUH! tone), "well, what do you expect when your Spanish teacher is from Australia?"

And I say, "Connor, Ms. Herxxxx(very Latin name) is NOT from Australia!"

Connor replies, "Oh yes she is! She told us so!"

I look at him quizzically for a moment and tell Rich I do not know what Connor is talking about.

Then I hear Jamie's(6th grade) voice calling from the kitchen. I cannot tell what he is saying. So he comes into the living room doorway. He looks totally annoyed. He rolls his eyes. He proceeds to say completely deadpan, "Mom, it may be useful for you to know that Australia rhymes with Venezuela." And walks away shaking his head.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

...Australia rhymes with Venezuela...

That cracks me up!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You cannot write comedy this good.

Anything is Possible said...

Well, duh MB.

Tracy said...

It is amazing how they always manage to be conviently be "on a trip" when their daddy duties should be in full swing isn't it?

Paige said...

Funny. As. Hell.

Hey, Girlfriend! How's it goin?