Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Timely Reminder

Backstory: I live in Texas. Country music is inevitable, so just shut it! Okay? (and, before el-e-e outs me, yes, I listened to it in high school too when we were both dating baseball players.) Also, the end of the school year is always INSANE. It is like there is this last big push to cram in some more mega-learning and project intensity to force one more big lesson in time management.

Anyway, life has been insane. Hormonal early teen, lots of projects, home remodeling, Rich's schedule is crazier than usual.

I heard this* on the radio yesterday. My perspective was totally different the rest of the night. If you are a mom, I highly suggest putting this on your i-pod for times when you wonder "Can this day just be over already?!?!"

I'd like to elaborate, but the song says better than I could how it felt to be discusssing if Jamie would inherit Rich's accord in two years or not...

* sorry for the cheesy video, couldn't think of another place to link to.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

Oh my God. Two weeks ago a friend of mine heard that and goddamn if that stupid, idiot, sappy country song didn't have me bawling at WORK.

~Yurrr gonna misss thiissss~
BWAHhhhh! *sniffle* *sniffle* *sob*

It was pathetic, particularly coming from a yank.

Tracy said...

I am a big ole country girl. I Have that song in my head alot to remind myself that it won't be like this and I will miss it. I had thought about posting this on my blog and just hadn't gotten around to it. Looks like you beat me to it. I LOVE this song.

el-e-e said...

Oh, seriously. CRYING. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.


;)

...you country-music pusher.

Ya-Ya Ma said...

I am wiping the tears off my computer keyboard even as I type. Who cares if it's country if it gets us just exactly where we feel it the most? In fact, does any music genre do that better than country? All you sweet young moms take note: he's got it right.

Anything is Possible said...

So funny! I just added that song to my ipod today. -Read my blog about breastfeeding and you'll understand where I'm coming from. You know I'm a little bit sad if I start adding sappy songs to my ipod.