Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Which You Lose ALL Respect For Me - Pocket Phrase #1

Well, Rach, since you asked... I'll start by giving you my very mostest favoritist pocket phrase. YOU MUST PRACTICE it carefully to get the tone, emotion, and facial expression just right. It works in almost ANY situation. Is some gossip hag holding you hostage with her vitriol? This will shut her up, make her feel ashamed of herself for being such a gossipy bitch, and remind her that you will not sink to her level. Is someone trying to convince you of something REALLY STUPID? This handy pocket phrase will cause them to pause long enough to realize that they haven't thought this through. Is some hypocritical person hiding behind a veil of supposed "Christian concern" when they are really just being a judgmental bigot? Is someone trying to railroad you into an answer you are not ready to give? It will work for all of these uncomfortable situations and more! You come out smelling like a rose IF you pull it off CORRECTLY.

So, Rach, without further ado...

"That is a point of view I haven't considered. I'll have to give it some prayerful consideration and get back to you."

Use it carefully and wisely once you have perfected your delivery. Let me know how it works for you. Tell me some stories of "deer in the headlights" looks you leave in your wake.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

... the "prayerful consideration" part will work perfectly here in the bible belt buckle ... I will totally go work on that!!!

Anything is Possible said...

That's great MB!! I never realized you spoke to yourself in the mirror. Jas has full blown arguments with himself in the bathroom mirror.

I'm going to practice your p.p. and use it on someone this weekend.

You must call me if you're in this area of Florida.

MaryB said...

Jas and I may have been separated at birth. I talk to myslef in the mirror the whole time I am getting ready. Imagingng things I could have said, or wouldl ike to have said but couldn't. I also rehearse conversations that I kow are goign to be tense or complicated. And, ALWYS perfecting thos pocket phrases. And, there are more of those to come...

Be in yur neck of the woods (shore, really) June 9th. Will be in your very near vicinity until that Saturday and then we are off to Destin for 2 weeks...need to do some shopping? Call or email me!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I have all of those conversations with myself in bed. When I can't sleep. I always have to hope the other person in bed is already asleep or I need to do a lot of explaining.

Love the pocket phrase.