Friday, May 23, 2008

Is There a Tear in Your Beer?

Why am I such a sap? It doesn't really jive with the rest of my personality.

Today on the way home from taking the kids to school Kid Kraddick in the morning (OMG! They are HILARIOUS!) was counting down the top 10 Graduation/Class songs of all time. They played clips of them all. Those songs could make you cry at any given moment. Damn those songs! Especially Time of your Life by Greenday.

But then I almost drove off the side of the road laughing when I remembered that my high school boyfriend's class song was There's a Tear in My Beer by Hank Williams, Jr.. Gotta love Catholic High!

Do all those sappy graduation songs and this time of year make you wistful and melancholy? Is it just me? What songs make your eyes a little misty? Tell me! Make me feel less like an aging, emotional freak wishing to reclaim my youth!

6 comments:

SLynnRo said...

I like the rest of them, but I hate Kidd SO MUCH. HE is so NOT FUNNY. They need to kick him off his own show.

And in the 5th grade, our class song was Ice Ice Baby. Seriously. I was voted most popular too. I was so cool, ya know.

Brenda said...

This will seriously date me. "Cats in the Cradle" by Jim Croce. I still tear up when I hear that song.

But a funny one is "Bertha Butts, one of the Butt Sisters", I have no idea who sang that song, just that the leader of our Pep Band (Steve Davis - Hi STEVE!)decided one day to dedicated that song to me when they played it for a pep rally. Ya... and I was only 105 lbs. They just liked to give me crap.

Mandy said...

my dad had the dj play "georgia on my mind" for him and my sister to dance to at her wedding (we all used to live in atlanta) - I still cry when I hear it

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

All of the military themed country songs get me every time. Like "Letters from Home" by John Michael Montgomery. Every time.

Katie said...

I can't believe your senior song was "A Tear in My Beer." That is awesome. (Were you in TX by this point? Because I just cannot imagine a Yankee school choosing this one....hilarious!)

I really like the Sunscreen song (the speech to graduates set to music). It kind of makes me cry, but it is also kind of inspiring....Do you know which one I'm talking about?

Tess said...

I heard that on KK too. I knew "Time of your life" was going to be #1. You just can't beat it.

I don't think we HAD a graduation song! WHAT THE?