Thursday, May 29, 2008

Moving Past the AWK - Onto Superficial (but muy importante) Things!

After a year and half of searching and researching my mascara dilemma I think I have found THE winner. It is a surprising result. I have tried everything from the drugstore to pricey Neiman's and Sephora purchases.


My needs/wants were...



VOLUME! VOLUME! VOLUME! I was blessed with length, but age is stealing the volume! I want my Scarlett O'Hara fringe back!

NO clumps! I HATE HATE HATE Dallas lashes! (A girl should NOT look like she has mega-hold styling gel in her lashes!)

NO flaking or smudging at all, until I took it off



So, the choice I'll be sticking with for a while is Lancome Cils Booster layered under Cover Girl Lash Blast. ( I think the Lash Blast's secret weapon is the rubber brush - you can add layer upon layer and it will STILL look like natural fringey lashes!)




Use these together for the perfect lashes!


Don''t forget to curl first!

5 comments:

SLynnRo said...

Did you get the shu uemura?

Also, I curl after. I know- but I haven't lost a lash. It looks ridic for about half an hour, but after it relaxes, you get the most long lasting curl.

Mandy said...

I had no idea mascara was sooo complicated - I seriously missed make-up class in middle school - off to jot this down with my other make-ups tips from you:)

MaryB said...

Slynn - you curl after??? Yopu are so brave! I would like to. I've always thought it would be a better curl, but as Im getting older my lashes are DEFINITELY thinning, so Im trying to baby them.

Shu Uemura is on the way. I kept thinking id run by Neimans, but never have. So, I just ordered one online.

Mandy - if you REALLY want good tips, be sure to keep up with Slynnro! I bow to her greatness in this area. But the masara thing is a huge obsession for me. If my husband knew how much money I have spent on Mascara int he past 18 months he would FREAK!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am right there with you on the mascara obsession! I am definitely going to have to try out the Lash Blast because everyone just RAVES about it. I've just been hesitant because I've had terrible luck with CG mascara in the past. I tend to stick with the L'Oreal in the drugstore aisles...

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I have a Maybelline mascara I've probably had for at least 18 months. I use it maybe once or twice a month. I didn't realize I needed to pay closer attention.