Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The New Cardinal Sins - Vanity and Insecurity

My Bare Minerals are running low. Time to refill or replace. I'm considering trying something new thanks to Slynnro. I love the Bare Minerals but am afraid that I need a little more coverage, but still don't want to look like I am on my way to perform in a Kabuki play. You guys have any suggestions? Stick with the minerals for summer? My SIL is using the Jane Iredale minerals - she says more coverage than Bare Escentuals - any of you have any experience? Id really like to try some Laura Mercier...BUT....

The only place to get it here in Fort Worth is to head to the North East Mall. People, this is SO SO SO far out of my "circle!" There is another option, though, seeing as I live 5 minutes from Neiman's. HOWEVER, I have SO MUCH trouble going to Neiman's. Everytime I am there I am on high alert waiting for every sales clerk to alert security that some bourgeois chic has infiltrated the "land of the beautiful people." Seriously, I couldn't feel more out of place, or frankly, unworthy, if I had just wandered into Buckingham Palace or Victoria Beckham's closet. WHAT is WRONG with me? Is it because they only take cash or a Neiman's card, because for some reason THAT intimidates me. Is it because I only feel like the people who belong at Neiman's are the ones up on the couture salon floor getting their custom Vera Wang's and Von Furstenburg's fitted? Isn't my money just as green as theirs? Is there anyplace that makes you guys feel out-of-place like this? Am I nuts? Help me to feel worthy to shop at Neiman's!!!

I am also looking for your opinions on one more thing. Do you guys have any shampoos and conditioners you prefer to use while abusing your hair with sun, chlorine, and salt??? I had a favorite and they don't make it anymore!

I wish I had something deep and meaningful to talk about, but I am one track minded right now!Packing does this to me! What can I say - I am an anal-retentive over planner.

7 comments:

el-e-e said...

OH, talk to my mom about Neiman's! Her fave, when she was a Dallas socialite. (She'll deny that she was.)

I'll be interested in response about the bare minerals. I feel like I need more coverage, too. Guess we aren't fresh-faced spring chickens anymore!

Tracy said...

Bare minerals, makeup, what is that? Unfortunately, if it doesn't come from Target, I have yet to hear of it.. Target has carts. I don't EVER get to go out alone, so I try to stay to the stores with children containing devices. Sorry.

Oh and I see you are reading Eat Love, PRay. How do you like it? I am just about through the India section. She is a very good read.

Mandy said...

I am with Tracy and target stuff - except with my sister then I dare the Macy's or Dillards make up counters because she knows what she is doing, I, on the other hand, didnt get that gene -- perhaps its more with the el-e-e side of the family???

In any case I had no idea Neimans doesnt take Visa ... I do love the piano player at Nordstroms though.

When you get all this makeup stuff sorted out - inlcuding the shampoo - make a blog with all essential info so I can go shopping - seriously, I need HELP.

SLynnRo said...

I love me some Neiman's but I used to feel like you did. You just have to act like you belong there because IT IS JUST A STORE.

Try Sephora- they will give you generous samples of various foundations to take home and try.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

1. I know nothing about makeup. You know this. I have 3 year old eyeliner.
2. I'm not really intimidated by locations. Go shop. play with stuff on teh counters. Make them nervous.
3. I used to use Aveda Hair detoxifier twice a week and the Aveda Hair mask afterwards. Was recommended by the professional friend. Worked great.

Anonymous said...

boring blog

Anonymous said...

Slimey Sly-nnooooo blocks people, then talks about them behind their backs.

What a cowardly act. Im not surprised though, she is a loser.