Monday, June 16, 2008

Against All Odds

I might have had sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
My husband might have been JA'd.
I might have had to take Grant to urgent care on Saturday to check out the fever and "funny sound in his ear" only to discover that he did not have an ear infection and that his fever was totally unexplainable.
Connor might have woken up puking at 5am the day we were supposed to leave (the 2nd try) for vacation.
Connor might have been convinced by his father that he had appendicitis and might die in the van on i-20 when his appendix ruptured. Thus, we did not leave the house at the ass crack of dawn as planned.
Despite ALL of THAT crap i am here at the beach! (blogging after WAY too much chianti) AND i will have you know that, according to the very accurate GPS we stopped for a grand total of 13 minutes ONCE for gas, potty, and food between Fort Worth and Destin. WITH THREE CHILDREN! My kids ROCK! We left the house at noon and made it to our condo at 10:30pm!!

Apparently, however, I stole my credit card from myself and, thief and fugitive that I am, tried to buy groceries at a Publix in Desin, FL. They were very sorry that I couldn't purchase my groceries but the fraud department had been trying to contact me all day about suspicious activity on my card. hmmmm....could it have been gas and Wendy's in Louisiana???? hmmmm...is that on the way from Texas to Florida???
Juan finally got it all straightened out when i told him that if he couldn't fix it before my Starbucks Java Chip ice cream melted in my cart that HE was going to have to entertain all 6 cousins in one condo while it was raining.

Tomorrow - reading, sun, cajun crab dip, and more red wine! Wanna come over? You're all invited!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I would totally take you up on the visit. right up to the part of all those cousins. Yeah, I think I will pass! Now the liquor in the evening and someone to drink it with, bring it on!

MaryB said...

Actually the cousins are pretty good and self-entertaining. Two are 13, One is 11, One is 10 1/2, and the youngest two are 7 and 5. it was A LOT harder whenthe oldesst two were the ones who were 7!!!!!! Come on down! - if only our beloved airline flew to the florida panhandle! AND, don't forget to tellyour credit card compnay that you are traveling BEFORE you leave home!

moo said...

I am SO THERE. I really could use a big glass of wine and a relaxing afternoon by the ocean!

Love that the credit card company was suspicious of your WENDY'S purchase!

el-e-e said...

Don't tempt me -- I will be RIGHT THERE.

Mandy said...

on my way --- save some wine and crab dip;)

Katie said...

Our credit card pulls that shit all the time...even AFTER we tell them we're moving, change our address from Massachusetts to Nevada....then, somewhere around Ohio they like to reject all charges so we look like complete morons at the gas station. Do they not see the progression across the country from old address to new address? NO? Probably because they are all outsourced to INDIA.

Sorry for the rant! Glad you are on your vacation FINALLY!! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Beware of chianti-ing and blogging, you criminal mastermind...

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Can I bring Sam with me?

MaryB said...

Annie - you betcha! He and Grant would have great fun!