Friday, July 25, 2008

It Is a SAD State of Affairs

When the brightest part of your day occurs while you are driving home from Las Colinas via 183 AT RUSH HOUR ON A FRIDAY!!! And then, all is well and happy in the world because suddenly I am singing along with Young MC to Bust a Move. Oh, dear Lord, I REALLY am old.

Also, a shout out to you road warriors who put up with that traffic every damn day. You have nerves of steel. My stomach was in knots. If you are not aggressive enough, you'll miss your merge or exit, but if you are too aggressive...well, this IS Texas....you never know when some cowboy is gonna shoot you, literally, like with a bullet.

(There is no one on the internet who can butcher sentence structure as well as I can. I am so proud.)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I am right there with you sista!

Erin said...

I could NOT deal with traffic. I have always lived close to work and don't even take the highway thank GOD.

My husband was teasing one of our teenage neighbors the other day and made a joke about Debbie Gibson. Our teenage neighbor friend said, "Who's that?"

Mandy said...

oh, I have a special place in my heart for Las Colinas, Eric took me there when I flew into DFW to go visit him at Baylor - he took me by the horse statue and gave me a necklace with a (small) diamond pendant;)