Sunday, July 6, 2008

Self and Home Improvement

I have tried and tried to acquire a taste for beer. It hasn't worked. In fact, I may have come to find it more and more revolting the more I tried to like it. However, this weekend while picking up some tummy yummies at Central Market, Rich got me to try the beers that the local brewery was tasting/promoting. One of them didn't make me puke. It was even interesting. (Can't bring myself to call it tasty yet - a girl can't change overnight ya know!) Then I discover that the brewery is open every Saturday with free beer and live music. Uuummm, HOW could I NOT already know about this????

If you are a fellow beer hater (or am I the only one?) come on down the the Rahr Brewery with me next Saturday and try some Ugly Pug. Doesn't it just figure that the beer I learn to like is called Ugly Pug? I couldn't have liked something a little more refined like Stella Artois or something? Of course not.

In other news, I might be needing some extra beer, wine, or cocktails in order to cope with the state of things around here...








Progress, but a pain in the butt nonetheless. Also, I can't blog or generally waste any time on the net during the day since they keep turning off the electricity! They seem to think that their not getting electrocuted supersedes my needing to know about Tessie's "deal!"

5 comments:

Tess said...

Dude, you are all going to be SO DISAPPOINTED when I finally tell. Too much BUILD-UP.

That remodel looks FREAKY. Bet it'll be awesome, though.

SLynnRo said...

I don't really like beer either. You should try ciders- they look like you are drinking beer, but actually taste REALLY good.

Mandy said...

we are beer lovers over here - especially trying local brews - I guess we do need to move to Texas!!

anyway, I just read Tessie's deal and now I am a little sad.

MaryB said...

Slynn - LOVE ciders! I especially LUURRVV the pear cider that the Saucer keeps on tap!! There is a saucer in the Big D, right?

Anonymous said...

Blech. I hate beer too. I drank a Stella last week because I've heard other beer-haters say that they liked it and oh, it was terrible! So, I think I'll stick with my ciders from now on like you and Slynnro ;)