Thursday, August 14, 2008

All Systems Go! Photodocumentation for Dad

The first day of 5th and 7th grades! It went pretty smoothly. I hope they don't think breakfast will be this yummy everyday. They had raspberry coffee cake, eggs, bacon, and fruit. Yes, that is a coffee cup in front of Connor - he is his momma's boy!


The annual front and back "ready to go" pictures!










OH MY GOSH!!! Best part of the morning! The music teacher was playing twinkling background piano as the students and parents came in this morning. It was like the festive happy atmosphere of Nordstroms on a Saturday. I LOVE this school for things just like this. It REALLY IS the little touches that matter! I could gush about their school for many a paragraph, so I'll cut myself off right here.







Connor in the 5th Grade classroom!






I even snuck down the middle school hallway and got these blurry pictures of the new 7th grader! He looks just "miserable," doesn't he?

4 comments:

Tracy said...

wow! up early enough for a home cooked breakfast? could you come to my house on September 2? I think I am going to need assistance entering into this whole new world.

Mandy said...

YAY!!!! I love that you photo-documented it!!!!

Also, I love the uniforms .. how many classes per grade do they have???

also, too cool about the music teacher!!!

MaryB said...

Mandy - Tiny school - Only one class of each grade. The picture of the music teacher is in the front of the library which is the "center" of the school. You can see how the classrooms doors all come directly off of the library like a "courtyard" almost in principle. (except for 7th and 8th grades, and kindergarten - they have their own little "hallways") It is just the sweetest little school ever. We used to call it the best kept secret in FW, but now we have a flippin waiting list. Not so much a secret anymore.

Uniforms - I'm trying so hard to get them changed them for middle school! It is my goal this year! Tomorrow they have to wear their formal uniforms and they will look like total GOOBERS!

Had to take more pics than usual - Rich was very very sad to not be here.

Julie said...

I'm sending Emily to your house for breakfast...maybe that'll make it easier to get her up and out of bed!