Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to School - The After School Edition

  • Connor likes his teacher
  • Jamie likes all of his teachers, but thinks it is a pain to have to change classes and go to his locker all day.
  • Connor was not happy at all that his religion teacher gave them an assignment on the first day. In fact he said, "I don't think a religion teacher should be so sacrilegious as to give us an assignment on the first day."
  • Jamie was equally displeased that the new Spanish teacher gave him an assignment on the first day.
  • Neither Connor nor Jamie likes that the new Spanish teacher speaks no English in her classroom for 5th grade and up. In further evidence that my children are total smart-asses they said, "She makes Spanish seem like a foreign language!" They thought they were very clever and cracked themselves up at lunch over this one. (We ate trashy Chinese at the buffet they make me take them to every year on the first day of school. I happen to LOVE tradition for the sake of tradition, so I play along even though the food is gross. Blame the Catholicity!)
  • More evidence that my kids are ridiculously lucky to get to go to this school...Every kid found one of these beautiful cookies on their desk this morning: (School mascot is a hornet)

Say a little prayer that tomorrow goes as smoothly. I have my doubts as tomorrow is a formal uniform day, and I'm likely to forget to help Jamie tie his tie tonight and then there will be much stressing an crazy hurrying around like chickens with our heads cut off in the morning. Hopefully, just writing that sentence here will help imprint the mental memo onto my brain. Or, maybe Ill make my Palm yell at me ...Duh! Should have thought of that before right now!

5 comments:

el-e-e said...

Glad it went well! :) Love the cookies - that's some FANCY school!

SLynnRo said...

I would also like cookie. And your kids, as usual, are hilariously witty.

Anonymous said...

Cracking up about the Spanish sounds like a foreign language comment... I still felt like that in my college Spanish class after six years of Spanish!!

And wow, I am so craving a cookie now...

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I'm so glad they like their teachers. I'd say you are all off to a great start. They make them wear real ties to school? Isn't that a choking hazard? Especially in junior high?

Julie said...

They have to wear ties? The comment about the Spanish teacher cracks me up!