Friday, September 5, 2008

AAWWWW, You Guys...You're the Best!

You guys....you are the best, really you are. It brought a literal mist to my eyes to get all the phone calls, email, and comments inquiring as to my whereabouts and well-being!

Unfortunately, I am still not really in the state-of-mind to blog. Just in a plain ol', old-fashioned funk. I have tried to work through said funk by writing about it, but it is so vague that there is nothing TO write. I just can't put my finger on what is causing it! Basically, it is everything and also nothing. Have you ever felt like that? I'm sure you have.

Also, I am short on time lately. Holy Hell! the PTO owns me. Maybe it is because the somewhat OCD part of me takes over and "good enough" is NEVER enough for me. And there is just ALWAYS another event to plan or group to organize or spreadsheet to create. Currently, I am entrenched in planning a Johnny Appleseed back-to-school family dance. The details, while interesting and adorable to me, would bore you to tears.

Lastly, the traveling husband has been home more than is typical lately. It has been nice, but he requires my time when he is here - hence, less time for blogging. (And Ill tell you a secret...I must be accustomed to his being gone so often, because he was starting to drive me Ca-razy and I was not too very sad to see him depart for a few days this morning!)

I'm still keeping up with all of you and your more-interesting-than-mine lives though! so, even if I'm not actually writing here, Ill at least try to be better about commenting. It just seems to require SO much energy...ugh, see what I mean? I am in such a funk that I think it takes too much energy to comment! WTH?

Oh, and, tonight is the first night that I've had to wait up for my suddenly-a-teenager to come home. He went to the high school football game with his friends and his friends' older siblings. I guess this is where IT starts!!!!!! EECK! Wasn't it just five minutes ago that I was tying green and gold ribbons onto my ponytail before a high school football game on a Friday night?

5 comments:

Katie said...

That sucks that you're in a funk. We've all been there. I know exactly how that feels--just blah about everything and nothing at the same time. I really hate it when that happens.

Also, I know exactly what you mean about the husband being home. Mine has been home for over a week and is starting to piss me off with his "helpful suggestions" about topics he is NOT ALLOWED to have an opinion on (laundry, the pantry, the freezer, etc...)

And, OH MY GOD. Waiting up for teenagers? That just makes my blood pressure soar just thinking about it. Just breathe in and out!

Mandy said...

I know that funk .... all too well.

and the husband being in the way and home tooo much

...also, johnny appleseed dance .. MUSTKNOWMORE

and now I feel bad for not bugging you more about "your deal" and where you are ... it was one of those "I wonder what's up with maryb" which never translated into emails and inquiries .. but know you are thought about;)

Julie said...

Yay! You're alive! And have crossed over to the dark side of PTO! :)

Sorry you're in a funk. Echoing what everybody else has said - we've all been there. That place where something isn't just right but you can't really put your finger on exactly what. Take care of yourself.

Now I have the Johnny Appleseed blessing going through my head. We sing it sometimes before dinner. The dance sounds like fun!

Tracy said...

oh my know the funk too well. Can you imagine how I felt with hubby being home 16 straight days? OH my. Luckily he was super busy with the remodel, it kept him away long enough that I didnt kill him. Now I am like go, make 150 trips in one month. I don't care, pay off that kitchen. We love him here, but totally messes up the flow of things.

Go stand outside with your head up looking at the sun. The sun is suppose to help the funks. Get a coffee, and maybe a massage and pedicure. Pamper yourself. Even if it doesn't help, you can still have cute toes and relaxed muscles.

Kristi said...

Ahhh. The funk. The funk has kept me from blogging many times.

Waiting up for a teenager. OMG. Do you meant to tell me that one day my daughter will expect me to let her out of my sight and go somewhere without me?! Surely, you jest!

And Johnny Appleseed family dance...LOVE IT...TOTALLY INTRIGUED!

Hope you're funk-free soon!