Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Its not Tuesday - What's it to ya?

So, yesterday was recipe trade day. I had a recipe to share with you all, but then I made dinner. A dinner which I had never made before. A dinner which resulted in my husband coming to the kitchen on bended knee begging me to marry him again. Apparently, he liked his dinner. Earlier in the afternoon we were at Central Market and he had a sudden severe craving for "the darkest dark chocolate cake." So, I grabbed a big chunk of Callebaut bittersweet and made him a cake. Without further ado here are the two recipes that caused the stoic husband of mine to consider renewing his vows. I'll save the champagne poached chicken for next week, and Ill get it out on time (on Tuesday). Maybe Ill even write it up and use that "post at future time" feature! (Note: sometimes when I say "recipe" what I really mean is a "guide" as I often do not actually measure and stuff like that. I am a taste and adjust kind f girl.)

Dark Chocolate Kahlua Cake (adapted from R.S.'s recipe back in Atsugi)
1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix (use Devil's food if you can't find, but the DCF is better)
4 eggs
3/4 cup Kahlua
1 cup sour cream
1 cup oil
6 oz chocolate chips
a bit of cocoa and granulated sugar (for prepared pan)
*Dark chocolate ganache

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare Bundt pan with non-stick spray and then coat with a mixture of cocoa and granulated sugar.
  • Mix all ingredients except for chocolate chips.
  • Stir in chocolate chips when batter well combined.
  • Bake approximately 45 minutes.
  • Cool on wire rack and then invert onto serving plate.
  • Glaze with Dark chocolate ganache

*Dark chocolate ganache - grate a good amount (I probably used about 10 oz) of high quality bittersweet chocolate. Warm about 1/3 -1/2 cups heavy cream in microwave (DO NOT BOIL!) Whisk chocolate into warm cream until melted, smooth, and shiny. Spoon over top of cake and let it ooze down the sides.

Okay, I have to run. No time to post pasta directions, but want you to have time to make a cake for tonight. Will post this now and add the mushroom pasta this afternoon, mkay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! YUM!!!

Mandy said...

wow!!

and that is too funny about rich

and I forgot to do my trade yesterday

and why has everyone changed their backgrounds

Julie said...

OMG...that sounds fabulous! Be careful...you're spoiling the husband. :)

Katie said...

I have a nearly identical recipe, except it also has instant chocolate pudding in it and it is THE BEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! I LOVE this recipe!

Katie said...

I have a nearly identical recipe, except it also has instant chocolate pudding in it and it is THE BEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! I LOVE this recipe!