Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Trading

This salad dressing is from the junior league in my hometown. every girl I know from P-cola has made and eaten this spinach salad a hundred times (or for me like 8,000). It is a little different than any other spinach salad dressing I have ever seen anywhere else, and it is one of my top three most requested recipes. My girls in Japan dubbed it "the pink dressing," and they expect it whenever they visit me. So, I give you ...

Pensacola's Pink Spinach Salad Dressing

3/4 cup vegetable oil (I use extra-light olive - EVOO too fruity for this one!)
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons sour cream (reduced fat or fat-free okay)
1 tsp salt
1/2-1 tsp dry mustard (to taste - i tend towards the scant 1 tsp)
2 tablespoons sugar (or 3-4 packets splenda)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
2 cloves minced or smashed/pressed garlic

Mix it all up! I like to whisk in the oil last to see if I can get a good emulsification working! Let flavors marry for at least 4 hours (the recipe says 6hrs, but I don't always plan THAT far ahead!)
Serve over spinach salad with chopped boiled egg, crumbled crisp bacon, sliced fresh mushrooms, and sliced green onions (I leave these out because I despise them).

4 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I have also eaten this in your home. Yummy!

MaryB said...

If you come to visit me Ill make this and whatever else you want including cappucino/white chocolate brownies AND Ill take you to the rodeo!

Interested?

Julie said...

Yay! I have all this stuff at home. Dinner for tonight! :)

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You know I love the rodeo. But I'm just going to be getting back to my own house. I'm tempted not to leave for at least 6 weeks...