Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Is This Thing Still On?

Well, hello there. How are you? I've missed you all so!

Where I've been:

  • some crappy stuff that was non-bloggable, yet brain consuming so that I couldnt blog about anything else.
  • PTO craziness - meetings and happenings and planning galore...
  • Informal interview RE teaching 8th grade pre-algebra at boys' school next year. Still dont know if I want to do that or not...lean towards yes, but not sure..
  • having friends over for Cajun feast only to have a MAJOR plumbing disaster flood my kitchen with black sludge when they were on their way here from the burbs up north in DFW rush-hour hell. Had to tell them to turn around and go home.
  • Plumbing fixed, had them come the next day.
  • The day after that was cooking and cleaning for Turkey day.
  • then, it was Turkey day and I the food and company were fabulous, but later that night i started to come down with something and so did Grant and Connor.
  • next day, Grant and i were sick as dogs. Grant ended up with a z-pack and a nebulizer. i thought I could just kick it the natural way...ha ha ha ha ha.. it is now Tuesday and I'm crying uncle. headed to doctor to BEG for help and meds.
  • My mom gets here tonight for our annual shopping and wrapping extravaganza. Have been making lists upon sub-lists, upon cross-referenced lists to prepare....
  • Having more party fashion crises. Need personal, live in advice giver. What is with all the catalogues and the almost opaque tights with cocktail dresses and open-toed shoes???? Are colored stockings back in?? December nights roaming downtown are too cold for bare legs, right?

Okay, so much more to tell you, but the shutter installation people will be here any minute and i am still in my snowman jammies ... we'll talk more soon. i promise...I wont be gone so long this time! Hope you are all well...be ready to tell me all the things you and your kids have on your Christmas lists, mkay? I'm always looking for great ideas an deals!

8 comments:

el-e-e said...

Dude, I'm just So. Glad. You're. Back.

Snowman jammies, awesome! (Who needs fashion?)

Katie said...

Oh man. I hope you feel better soon. It sounds awful!

Also...black sludge? What, may I ask, WAS IT??

Sounds like you're crazy-busy. I am feeling sorry for myself, but now I feel more sorry for you! :)

Mandy said...

yay MARY BETH IS BACK ... everyone look, its Mary Beth


Have fun with your mom!!!

Anything is Possible said...

MB- I too had a black sludge incident over Thanksgiving. Mine erupted from the depths of sink hell and exploded onto my head. Thus, I provided the food and entertainment portions of the day for our guest. Yay me.

Please feel better. We missed you.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

When you feel better go straight to Ann Taylor Loft. Lots of cute clothes at great discounts. I scored big this weekend. And, dude, aren't you a chemist? Live better through chemistry.

Julie said...

Yay! Just...YAY!

Black sludge sounds icky. Glad you got that fixed in time for turkey.

We're keeping it simple around here for Christmas...books, trucks, dolls. We're tossing around the idea of getting Emily an Ipod but haven't decided yet. Sid wants LASIK before he deploys so we're saving for that. I want a vacuum cleaner. I'm starting to snore reading this...I never realized how boring we are!

So, so glad you're back and hope everybody is well at your house now! :)

Anonymous said...

Good gravy, you sure have been busy! I hope you're feeling better by now. I've been fighting off sickness after sickness, so I totally feel your pain :)

As for the colored tights, I love, love, love the tights, not so sure about them with open toed shoes though. I'll probably get on board with it a year after the trend is over, because that is just have fashion savvy I am ;)

Tracy said...

yay, so glad you are back. I'm sorry you feel crappy. Nothing runs smoothly when the leader gets sick. Black sludge in the new kitchen?? Oh man, I feel a panic attack comin on.