Saturday, December 6, 2008

Unfortunately I Am NOT Forever 21

Do you have to be under 30 to get away with wearing opaque tights with a party dress? I think the trend is totally adorable, but am thinking that a girl my age might look like she is trying too hard to be younger than she is. And, ironically, people who try to dress too young for their age tend to look OLDER than their age, doncha think?

The root cause of this dilemma??? This dress...The second I saw it, I just knew it would be perfect with opaque black tights and some black, very tall, ankle-strap heels...



That is what I WANT to wear. In reality, Ill probably end up wearing this top (because I already have it) with some wide leg back crepe trousers....UNLESS any of you can convince me otherwise!

11 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Go with the cute dress. Plenty of time for pants nad tops when we're 70.

Julie said...

Definitely the dress! I like the top, though. Hell, it appears that I'm no help at all.

Katie said...

Okay. I have been thinking about the opaque hose thing lately. I saw on the Today show that you should try to find some with a SHINE to them. That makes them more dressy. And what's her face from What Not To Wear said you can definitely wear them!!! So, I say go with the dress and the opaque! I think it would def be age appropriate!

Kristi said...

I'd go with the dress. We only live once!!

Brenda said...

The dress.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes indeed on the dress!!! And I'd actually recommend matte opaque tights--I've found that the shiny ones aren't as slimming as matte. You're going to look so fabulous!

Mandy said...

I way tooooo cold to comment on anything strapless at the moment!!!!!!

Anything is Possible said...

This is what I usually do...if the opportunity arises to buy a new party dress then BUY IT! It's a fantastic color and would look great on you. I like the hose and strappy sandal look. As long as your not wearing the mini mini skirts with leggings and UGGs, I'd say you're doing just fine for your age. And I completely agree with the Evil Queen. We'll have closets full of pants and shirt combos once we're old. (I do really like the shirt though!!! I probably won't have one like that in my closet when I'm old as dirt.)

nicole said...

The shirt is actually pretty awesome, but go with the dress. You will stand out in a good way. Don't be part of the black pant brigade!

Swistle said...

DRESS.

Anonymous said...

Go with the dress. It's a beautiful color and you will look awesome in it. I think the top is very pretty, too, but you can wear that anytime. The dress has "festive party" written all over it.