Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Quick Bullet Point Tour of Crazytown

* Leaving my beloved new kitchen to move to the burbs. Is that sudden or what ?@$&#!?
* Subsequent freaking out about staging of this house and OBSESSING about neighborhoods, schools, houses and prices in the new place...
* Science Fair
* Cleaning out closets, garage, and EVERYTHING and staging it all and painting and finishing all remodeling projects to get ready to put house on market
* Rich left for his detachment
* But not before some idiot stole his bag with credit cards, passports, his freakin' FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT BADGE! etc, etc, etc You cannot imagine the disaster that was his last night home
* Thankfully, said idiots appeared to have ditched the bag on side of the road, minus credit cards and RayBans, when they discovered aforementioned badge.
* Speeding ticket issued to me on way home from dropping Rich at airport for 3 week det when I TOTALLY WAS NOT SPEEDING - WTF WTF WTF?
* The fact that I , very nicely, respectfully, and politely, pointed this fact out to Officer NumNuts pissed him off so that he also gave me a citation for be "uninsured" because my proof of insurance card expired last week...He totally refused to look me up in the system or to let me call USAA and let them tell him.
* Rich texted from plane/airport asking me to bid for him and I totally do not know how to do that. THANK the good Lord for friends who I can call and then just start to cry and then their wonderful, wonderful husbands take care of it for me. Dear G and K - i love you!

11 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, honey. I wish we lived near each other. First, I would find the phone number for your babysitter (you do have one, right?) and then we would go far away from your house and all these CRAZY ASS problems and drink ourselves silly. While doing that we would go on and on about freaking military crap and airline crap and speeding ticket crap and MOVING--OMG--crap! How are you moving? AAAAAAAAAAAACK. The thought makes me panic.

I hope your new house has a beautiful kitchen and that you do not have to suffer through another renovation!!! (Why are you moving?? and where?)

Anything is Possible said...

MB- Why oh why would you choose to move right now????? I thought you guys decided to keep this house therefore renovated the kitchen. You haven't really had time to dirty that kitchen up!!!

Staging- come on MB. That's the easiest part of this whole ordeal for you. You're great at decorating. Send us pictures and we'll help out.

The cop was probably jealous of Rich because you're so hot. He gave you a ticket because he knows he can't have you.

The theft is just crazy! Goodness.

And bidding for Rich? What does that even mean? I vaguely know what it means but how can you do that? I thought the pilot had to do that job. I would've cried too. Ick.

Breathe! You'll get it all done. It'd be nice if you lived closer. We could have a staging/packing party!

el-e-e said...

Calgon definitely needs to take you away. :( The staging and house-search stuff would be super fun if the other crap wasn't getting in the way!! Poor you!

Julie said...

Where, oh where are you moving to? I'm out of breath just reading about all this. Also, I'm totally dreading the Science Fair when my kids are old enough to participate.

Tracy said...

OH MY! Moving? WHat? When? WHy? Close to me and Katie? WE live in the burbs.. Probably not the same ones, but still!

Oh and don't you just love military crap.. ANd of course the craziness the husband makes it out to be? Bidding for you? Oh man, I don't think Randy would even trust me enough to ask. I think he would probably call Katie's hubby and have him do it. Crazyville is totally not an understatement.

SO, When will you be coming here to check out houses??? :) Our burbs are pretty nice!!

lex said...

oh, girl. i don't even know what to say, except that i'm sorry it's been so nuts for you. truly.

Anonymous said...

Holy crow! That is a serious level of stress inducing busyness! Hope that you're hanging in there and that things calm down soon :)

Mandy said...

I heart USAA

also, you never told me if Walker, Texas Ranger showed up at your house;)

Anonymous said...

You are my hero.Liz

Julie said...

How's life in Crazytown?

lex said...

must. blog. soon. must. know. everything.