Monday, March 30, 2009

What I Have Been Up To...

I have been baking 2 -3 dozen oatmeal chocolate chips cookies per day. I have been running to Target to buy more Tahitian Vanilla votives and cucumber mint tealights. I have been reprinting fliers and disclosures. I have been answering the phone, fielding the questions, and scheduling the showings. I let them in. I left them to look and snoop while I drove around to my special hidden spot where I could see how long they were there, but I knew they could not see me. Basically, I have been running a 12 hour per day, 7 day a week open house. I have been keeping my house looking like this every minute of every day...Do you know how hard that is while still trying to live a life with three children and an absent husband????











BUUUT it all paid off. We received three offers this weekend, and one of them came with the the most perfect closing/leaseback timeline we could have only dreamed of. And they accepted our counter offer without a second thought. We are beside ourselves with excitement and total disbelief! Now, I need to go start researching new refrigerators because the new owners are getting our current one. Any suggestions???

The builder got our last permit on Friday. We are ready to go! Will schedule a pre-build meeting with builder this week. So, in my best Sarah Palin imitation, "BUILD, BABY, BUILD!"

However, underneath all of this happiness and excitement, we are well aware that we will cry like babies when it is actually time to leave.

11 comments:

Swistle said...

1) Your house looks AMAZING. I can't believe there are PEOPLE living in it!

2) SQUEE YOU SOLD IT SQUEE SQUEE!!!

3) I want your kitchen REAL BAD. Also: some chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies.

MaryB said...

Believe me there wasn't much "living" goign on in this place lately. There was a lot of "don't touch that." and "put that away" and "dont sit in that bed"

No one is more thrilled than the kids that the showings are over!

Brenda said...

Congratulations! Whew. One hurdle over. Will you come decorate my house???

nicole said...

Way to go keeping things that clean. I have now realized I can never move, because I will never be able to keep my house that clean. Ever. Here's hoping the building process goes as smoothly as the selling process.

Mandy said...

YAY so glad it turned out so great and seemingly so fast!!!! perhaps you have new calling??

also, ditto on Nicole ... that is the one thing that freaks me out about selling this house .. keeping it "show ready" !!!

have fun with the NEW house with no stress!! .... remember its FUN and EXCITING!!!!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I always remember your house looking just like this when I lived across the street.

MaryB said...

Dear Annie - Could I get that in writing, signed and notarized, and sent to my husband, please?

Tracy said...

Oh happy day!

Oh and the refrigerator...SAMSUNG! AMAZING
It is the same fridge as ge but samsung can sell it cheaper because they are the one who makes it. It is the one with the freezer on the bottom. LOVE IT! Oh honey,come to me I got all the info! I can spend your money!

Anything is Possible said...

Your house looks amazing. You did a great job staging! Maybe you should think about doing it professionally????

Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you guys! Build, baby, build! And send pictures too.

I'm honestly regretting NOT buying a fridge with the freezer on the bottom. I've found there isn't enough room for platters in the traditional side by side doors. We have a very nice fridge that came with our rental. It has touch button everything but the previous owners took the brand name off. The next time we buy a fridge I'm paying extra for all the fun buttons!

Have fun shopping!

Julie said...

I want your kitchen.

lex said...

you are a goddess. beautiful house! in all the time our house was listed and people were looking at it, it never looked that good. CONGRATULATIONS on selling - what a relief!