Thursday, January 3, 2008

I was going to write. Really, I was. But. Then. I realized I was just going to whine. And Then...Tessie over at Messing With Texas* manged to put my incoherent whining into coherent thoughts and really, don't you think it would have been rude of me to just copy and paste into my own blog?

Then, the boys' report cards did not make me jump with glee.

Then, miracle of miracles the husband on reserve DIDN'T GET CALLED IN TO FLY! And, seriously it was the very, very best present I/we could have asked for. You'd think that would have put an end to my whining, but you'd be wrong. because,

Then, I had to deal with Jamie and his History Fair Project. What the hell is the History Fair anyway? Who dreamed this crap up? People who couldn't grasp the idea of hypothesis, results, and conclusions at the Science Fair? (Ok, I might be a bit biased here, whatever) But, really I think this is some kind of large scale bitch-slap to me by all the people whose science fair projects I scored at virtual zeros because they didn't do an experiment, they wrote a report. So, they invented a stooopid fair that is all about doing an overblown report. AND it was due the day they returned from Christmas break???? WTF?

Now, I am having a full scale mental breakdown, exacerbated by fluctuating hormones, about money, weight, diet, home remodeling, house cleanliness etc, etc, etc, There is no end to the list of the things I have had woe-is-me, shaking-fists-at-the-sky-temper-tantrums about today. Believe me, you don't want to hear about most of it. Suffice to say that I illogically believe that everyone on the planet (okay, all of my friends at least) have it way better than me. They are all fabulously rich, and skinny, and their houses are perpetually perfect, and they all grow their own organic vegetables and they have an almost non-existent carbon footprint and I just SUCK! And, yes, I realize I do not have leprosy or live in a dirt floor hut shooing flies off of myself all day, but seriously this kind of relativity is not making me feel any better. And, there are certain family dramas at the moment which are just salt in my wounds and pissing me off quite royally. Further pisses me off that I can't vent about it here. privacy, family, blah blah blah...

Okay, I've ripped off the band-aid, holiday blogging break is over. Whining is out of my system (sorta kinda) and I can resume normal blogging tomorrow about mundane things like the coffee debate in my house. (and aren't you proud that I didn't stoop to typing , "the coffee debate that is brewing in my house???) I promise I'll take my optivite before I post again.


*If you are not reading this blog, believe me you should be. She is freaking HI-LARIOUS! She sounds so fun, Ive thought about stalking North Texas to find her and force her to join our book club and be our friend.

4 comments:

Tess said...

I know just how you feel. "Have an almost non-existent carbon footprint"-Hee!

I am always nervous when someone recommends my blog, because what if their GRANDMOTHER reads or something and then drops dead of a heart attack due to all the cussing and then I AM RESPONSIBLE.

I am always up for a coffee debate!

el-e-e said...

GIRL!! I love this vent!! You have been missed on the Internet. Hope you've calmed down by now. ;)

Katie said...

THIS IS SOOOO ME!!! (It is probably really how all of us feel.) I just imagine that everyone else is smiling and happy and having fun in their clean houses with their non-whiny kids who can entertain themselves.....And, then I get jealous of people who have their parents nearby for free babysitting....I could go on...but I won't! Love your blog! (I am new to it. Is your husband an airline pilot? So is mine!)

MaryB said...

Katie - I'm so excited that you stopped by! Yes, the hubs is an airline pilot mostof the time. You can help me with my new blog, "One thousand and one reasons to never marry a pilot." Just kidding of course, but Im sure you know what I mean ;)

And, I SO hear you on the people with family nearby to help! I could tell you some stories about that. Thank goodness I ve made one incredible friend here who always remembers that I don't have any family here and she always treats me like a member of hers!

Can't wait to head over to your blog! Hope to see you around here some more, but I can't promise anything special. Im a lot of things, but not a writer.