Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Morning Confessions

Confession #1 - You know how I'm always dissing Texas? Well, I have mentioned in the past that Cowtown has grown on me, but there is more I have not revealed. You want to know what my(our) dream is for the future. Like when the kids are gone? THIS! It is NOT Texas. I don't want a ranch in Texas. I want a ranch near or in the mountains, but it still seems hypocritical to make fun of the Ford F-350 driving Texans when a ranch is my long term dream. In my defense I will state these things...The ranch will not be in Texas...I don't make fun of you for driving ridiculously large trucks if you actually NEED to drive it for a purpose other than to compensate for small body appendages...I will still be shopping in metropolitan areas...there will be no truck balls anywhere near my ranch...my husband is a pilot, I can get back to civilization anytime I want...Hubs has promised me either this or this as my "ranch to city toy" if I agree to his ranch dream. Keeping in mind of course that, at the moment, this is all a pipe dream.

Confession #2 - Tessie, this one's for you! Rich and I are starting Body for Life today. God help me. Workout one went well. I'm liking the 25 minute cardio workout - I've never gotten out of the gym so fast in my life. However, I think Bill Phillips is a total greedy, steroid pushing DORK.

Confession #3 - The 6th Grade's class project for the auction is still not done so I am just not answering my phone or checking my e-mail. That way I do not know that they are all freaking out and yelling at me.

Confession #4 - I often think of getting "implants" if you know what I mean - any opinions out there? This isn't something I'm gonna be doing in the near future, but was wondering what the consensus is out there of normal people (i.e. not stepford-wife-wanna-be-stripper-nutjobs).

6 comments:

Tess said...

YAY health kick! Can't wait to hear more about THAT. Body for Life, eh? Oh dear. Also: AWESOME.

MaryB said...

Tessie - More specificity please! Given your knowledge, Im assuming you have an opinion. The "oh, dear" followed by the "AWESOME" is ambiguous...what's your O-pinion?????

SLynnRo said...

I say if you want the implants, why not? So long as you aren't going from like an A to a Double D, who cares? If it makes you happy...

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You know where I stand on the implants, we've had that conversation. When I read "ramch" I got thsi brief picture of you ringing a dinner bell in a plaid cowgirl shirt and denim skirt and it made me giggle. Now I have more of a crsip cotten shirt nad slim pants on the veranda picture. It includes frosty beverages.

PJ said...

I loosely did the whole Body For Life thing with Bill Phillips a few years back......he really started to suck my will to live. Now I just do the "sensible diet" lol and rollerblade with the kidlette. More fun! :) Well, either way, good luck with that! Also, I'm a fellow yankee and have enjoyed your take on sunny Texass ;)

Take care,
PJ

MaryB said...

pj - Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see more of you :)

Which part of the BFL program did the most to suck your will to live???