Friday, April 18, 2008

It Was Inevitable

I found this cc in my inbox this morning.

Hi XXXXX (Principal dude)
The PTO officers for next year are set!

Pres. - Mary Beth XXXXXXX
V. Pres. - Jennifer XXXXXX

Sec. - Dawn XXXXXXXX

I have spoken to each of these ladies about the commitment and duties of the PTO. They are going to do a great job! The current PTO officers will be meeting with them before the end of the month(April) to pass forward all the current info we have for PTO. I will inform Mary Beth about the discernment for Advisory Council, May 9th.

I would like to make this exciting announcement in next week's Monday Memo. I will send something to Pearl on Monday.

We are very thankful to these ladies for stepping up and taking on these PTO officer positions.

Mia XXXXXX


Wish me luck - this is going to be interesting. The good news is:
1. TONS of blog fodder
2. The VP is AWESOME!! young, sweet, fun, smart, sassy, and loves wine. I think she and I will become great friends.
3. If I screw it up, at least I'll be able to say to everyone, "hey! not a single ONE of you offered to do it and that's how I ended up here so just shut it!"
4. PTO pres is an automatic seat on advisory council - I'll get those hideous middle school uniforms changed!!!! And new ties too. Curriculum be damned - fix the uniforms! (haha - just kidding)

I must go furiously clean now. I just got less than 24 hours notice that my pa-in-law is on his way here for a visit, and my house is not house guest-ready!

3 comments:

el-e-e said...

Oooh, Madame President!! I humbly bow before you! :)

Heh, heh. I'm CERTAIN it will provide good blog fodder!

have fun with pa-in-law...

SLynnRo said...

You don't strike me as the PTO president type- cuz I like, you know and shit.

But you know I mean that as a most sincere compliment.

Mandy said...

cant wait to hear about all about it .. and your new wine buddy:)