Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More Help Please!

Here is the deal...The old PTO officers are hosting a Mom's Night Out tonight. They are doing this partly to introduce myself and the other new officers around. Here is my dilemma: It is at a pub/bar. A pub/bar that is somewhat popular among the young, trendy peeps in the neighborhood. What I would wear to this place on any given Friday night is not exactly what I would wear to most any school function. So, which is it? Is it a night out with the girls? Like, you know, 50 of my nearest and dearest (insert sarcasm)? OR do I cover up a bit more? Not that I'm wearing hot pants and a Britney-esque bustier in either case, but do you see what I'm saying here? It is also odd because I'm a good deal younger than the average mom at school. Well, except for my VP who is all of 27.

OMG - do I over think things or what?

4 comments:

SLynnRo said...

Because I am so full of sage advice- cute top and jeans! That is so helpful!

Something like this:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=7609358231876471285&id=813329&parentid=APP_KNITS_PRINTS&pushId=APP_KNITS_PRINTS&popId=APP_KNITS&sortProperties=&navCount=5&navAction=poppush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=pop

You know- cute, but not revealing. Stylish but not trendy.

SLynnRo said...

OH and I want to see that "inflammatory" comment. EMAIL ME!

Slynnro@gmail.com

MaryB said...

Thanks- that was my first plan. But, none of my jeans fit! Thankfully, it is me that shrunk and not the jeans for a change. However, I shrunk enough thatthey look baggy on me and consequently make my thighs look chubby and they are generally unflattering now. Have had no time to shop and replace. AND I LOATHE shopping for jeans.

I ended up in a white wrap shirt with cropped cigarette pants (black) and red patent sandals.

Mandy said...

ok, seriously we need to be Real Life friends - even though we kinda are by proxy (el-e-e) ANYWAY I overthink that stuff too AND I need major help in the make-up area - I never went back and posted this but I TOOK FREAKIN' NOTES from that make-up drawer post