Friday, May 30, 2008

This is a Friday? Can I get a do-over please?

Have you ever seen the Lemony Snicket's movie, A Series of Unfortunate Events? Well, at the very beginning, there is an adorable cheerful clip of a movie about happy elves which is abruptly stopped as the narrator says, "I'm terribly sorry. This isn't the movie you'll be watching. The movie you are about to see is extremely unpleasant. If you wish to see a movie about a happy little elf, I'm sure there is still plenty of seating in theater number 2." Tonight that would be a fitting intro for this blog!

*I slept a whopping total of four hours last night. Those four hours were not consecutive, and some parts of them were spent on the bathroom floor hoping that steam from the shower would help Grant to stop coughing and to breathe a little easier.

*Connor was bawling that his ear hurt. hmmm, oh, yeah, remember that fever from a few days ago? Now, I'm catching on...

*I cleaned out the refrigerator

*I had a laser hair removal appt - if you haven't done this, I recommend it, but OMG does it hurt LIKE HELL!

*My mouth is in pain from the dental work I had done yesterday.

*The doc prescribed stuff for the boys. I dropped scrips off at 2:15pm. At 4:50pm the pharmacy realized that they couldn't decipher one of the scrips and faxed the offices (why not JUST CALL???) surprise - already gone home. DUH! No meds for you, MaryB!

*Go to Central Market to get sushi for boys and myoplex bars for me. Forget it was Friday - Burgers and Bock. Look at all adorable, fun people as I wait for a parking place for like 25 minutes. Feel like loser when I see everyone on the patio living it up with the live band whilst I get take out sushi in my workout wear. THEN, most all sushi was gone!

*Leave Central Market with NO Dorothea's potato chip goat cheese! (trust me! Sounds crazy, but is De-lish!)

*Mow lawn. This a real PITA since the Texas State Utilities Commission and Atmos (Assmost as we are currently referring to them here) are taking their sweet time redoing all the gas lines on our street. Almost fall into 15 ft deep hole they have dug in my yard.

*Delicately handle a WAY weird text message from neighbor. (Nervous tummy x 100,000!)

*The only good parts - Watching the 2nd half of August Rush with the boys, and seeing Rich's number on my caller ID for the first time in weeks! One more two-way run of the Orient and then he is on his way home!

This was NOT how I envisioned the beginning of our summer vacation!

I will find something happy and uplifting to say tomorrow. Hope you all had fun for me this Friday night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Please please please explain the weird text message!

Katie said...

That sounds like a terrible Friday!! And when you don't get sleep, everything is five times as terrible!

I hope all kids feel better today and that YOU DO TOO!!

Tracy said...

The men are NEVER around for days like this are they? Then when they do call, you don't want to spend the time bitching to them, so you put on a happy face and enjoy the conversation. Good heavens we are strong women!

Mandy said...

yep, whats up with the weird text message??

I hope the kids feel better for you sooon and will be sick free the rest of summer!!

burgers and bock - that sounds right up my alley

my sister swears by the laser removal as well - I may have to look into it at some point

here's to Rich getting home quickly and safely:)

Susiewearsthepants said...

Greetings from Tennessee. Found your blog on a another blog. Thought I would pop over and say hi. Hope your weekend is better than your Friday!