Sunday, June 1, 2008

I Forgot to Deliver on that Happy Post - AND Juicy, LIMITED TIME ONLY additional Info!

I promised something happy on Saturday after my bitchiness on Friday. The only thing that really sticks out in my mind is that Grant invented something bizarre that was very cute. He spread a big blanket on the floor and lined up an assortment of toys down the middle. Then he came and said, "Mommy, you are invited to my Toy Party. would you like to play with me?" Sounds insignificant and weird, but it was adorable. Kids think up the goofiest stuff! It was like a Toy Picnic since you were not supposed to take the toys off the blanket. AND, he put every single toy away when we were done.

Today's happy news - Rich called from Hawaii today. He is back on US soil where his cell can call me AND, even better, I am going to pick him up TO. MOR. ROW! Yay! I swear this 3 week thing seemed longer than his long cruises. for the life of me, I can NOT figure out why!

----OOPS! ---You are too late----Juicy info deleted---don't want snoopy neighbors to accidentally stumble upon such on the blog! You can probably figure most if it out from the comment section.

7 comments:

Tess said...

Dude! This is NOT you being crazy, this is WEIRD! That dude has some BALLS! GAH!

You played the sick kid card, though, excellent work.

Anonymous said...

Yep, totally creepy! Smart response by you.

SLynnRo said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

This kind of thing isn't even flattering. It is just gross.

Mandy said...

creeeeeepy - yes - EXCELLENT idea sending Rich over there with beer as a thank you, excellent!!!
I think playing the sick kid card is one of my favorite things about having a kid (kidding - --well, kinda!!!!)


and YAY for Rich being home soon!!!!! when do you go to Santa Fe or wherever that cool place is???

MaryB said...

Slyyn - So, So true! Really, you would think it was flattering, but totally NOT! It is awkward, and it pisses me off because we used to be friends, but he just had to go and blur/cross the line and make it creepy. This renders it impossible to continue being regular frineds IMO. AARGH!

Mandy - don't think we will head to Santa fe until Sept. I dont want to hike in July/August and we will be on family vacation well into July...

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

This just makes things super awkward. It's just so presumptuous. I love that you asked your husband if you were flattering yourself. You should totally send Rich over with the thank you beer. And your kids should know to interrupt you whenever he engages you in conversation. My Mom used to signal us to call her when she wanted to get off the phone.

Susiewearsthepants said...

How cute! Sounds like your little guy has quite the imagination.