Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pros and Cons

Pros to being sick before vacation:
  • Probably will be well and not likely to get sick while ON vacation
  • Lose a few pounds, even if it isn't the healthiest way to do so
  • good excuse for procrastinating all the prep work and packing
  • lots of couch time to make all those lists that I LUURV to make before packing!

Cons to being sick before vacation:

  • HolyCrapHolyCrapHolyCrapDoYouSeeThatCountdownOverThereInThePinkBox?????
  • No one else here to shop and pack
  • House needs to be clean and orderly as there will hopefully be remodeling progress while we are at beach! And I can NOT NOT NOT stand to come home to a mess and feel immediately overwhelmed and thrust back into reality!
  • My SIL and I decided years ago that all b-day gifts will be exchanged at beach instead of throughout the year. This is SOOO much easier - UNLESS you are so sick that you can NOT move from couch and have not yet purchased b-day gifts for your nieces!

Also, if you have written lovely, thought provoking, or funny as hell posts in the past two days I apologize for not commenting. I had comments I wanted to share, but even my freaking fingers ached. I tried to send the comments telepathically,but I don't think it worked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Also, that birthday present idea is brilliant. I am ALWAYS sending presents late! But in my opinion, when it comes to gifts, better late than never, right?

Good luck with your preparations!!

Mandy said...

Hope you feel better soon!!


telepathic commenting - now that is a great idea!!

Katie said...

Oh NO! I hope you get better PRONTO....because I am like you...the vacation prep is a very involved process and anything that crimps my style is just NOT COOL. And feeling sick is the worst! Get better soon and have a great trip!