Sunday, June 8, 2008

Throwing in the Towel

I'm resetting the countdown to vacation clock over there ------> (the one in the pink box) I left the doctor (last time I was in a dr's office - 2004!) with a z-pack, inhaler, zyrtec-D and an actual note on his scrip pad to REST AND NAP! He also told me to drink less coffee - but, like, yeah right, dude! WHATEV!

So, the final nail in the vacation timeline was delivered by a friendly airline who jetway JA'd* (I can see all you airline wives rolling your eyes right now) the husband....Gotta just love that! (((NOT!!!))) But, after I got over my initial reaction to that - which was too obscene even for this trashy blog - I realized that it was sign - I'm just not up to leaving right now. AND definitely not up to driving it myself. So, now I can do some of the things I wasn't going to have time to do if I left tomorrow as planned. You know, right after I rest and nap after I don't drink any coffee....HA! As if!

Also, anybody have any great Father's Day ideas????

Oh, one last funny...I took the boys to see Kung Fu Panda on Friday. Right at the beginning there was a line where the Panda says, " There is no charge for the awesomeness, or attractiveness." What a great name for someone's blog!! I can see it now - "Awesomeness and Attractiveness Free of Charge!"

* For the non-initiated - they radio you in-flight to call scheds when you get on the ground...then, you call and scheds says, "Oh, you thought you were going home, did ya? Well, no you aren't. Here are two more days (or whatever joy they are handing you)."

6 comments:

Mandy said...

geez, but does he at leat get like quadruple pay or something???..I hate how freakin' hard it is to plane ANYTHING in advance .. but at least you can get some rest for the next 6days, 149 hours, 8984 minutes and 539083 seconds

how was the panda movie anyway -- ok for the little little kids or not quite??

fathers day: eric REALLY wants one of those picture frames that you download pictures onto and it does a slideshow thing ....

MaryB said...

The pay does help to ease the pain, this wasnt goign to be the best month what with all the vaation overlap dropping...so, 1.5 block does help offset that. Im starting to see the whole thing as a blessing in disguise!

PS - I LOVE how easy it is easy to respond to you!! Do you know how hard it is to try to explain this stuff sometimes???? Duh! Of course you do!

MaryB said...

Oh, and the Panda movie - Collin is 4?????? If so, it isprobably fine. I think one of my nieces would have been freaked out by the bad guy (tiger. He is pretty scary at a few little moments, but they pass quickly.

SLynnRo said...

This way you can get well! It's a good thing.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I think you should make the panda line your new tagline. or, "All this and organized too!"

Tracy said...

Sorry I have been out of town, but OH NO THEY DIDN'T? I HATE the jetway JA call. ESPECIALLY when there are plans. I am so sorry. 1.5 just doesn't cut it. I am totally feeling you.