Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Damn You Leader Types!!!

Apparently it is National "Join Twitter Day." And, as usual, I was late to the party. So, now, if I join Twitter I am just a pitiful follower! I have spent my life avoiding this persona. I wouldn't even read The DaVinci Code just because everyone else was reading it...I avoid all the "of the moment" things just because it makes me feel like a pitiful follower...Oprah book choices? No way! Not until at least a year later when everyone is over them already. I don't want to be the 17th copy of Pillars of the Earth next the the pool.

BTW, this is not me asking you to tell me I'm not a pathetic loser follower and to join Twitter like all the other cool kids. It is more of a vent about my bizarre personality flaws. Ever wish you had been born with a different personality?

8 comments:

Mandy said...

that is the same reason I have never and will never watch Titanic :)

SLynnRo said...

Just give in!

But I have never seen Titanic. Or read the Davinci Code.

Tess said...

YAY! Don't tell anyone, but I sort of love it so far.

Everyone is so FUNNY!

Brenda said...

Maybe I'm ahead of Oprah. I read Pillars of the Earth over 6 years ago and loved the book. You can borrow my copy. The author has the next book out and I'm only a few pages into it. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

I wanted a fun loving yet smart and serious personality. I just got goofy instead.

Tracy said...

I feel the same way. I don't like reading her books until way later. Of course, I have no clue what Twitter is so I guess i am really behind.

Iceberg Queen said...

Don't miss Pillars of the Earth. Super book. Didn't even know it was an Oprah book, so what does that make me?

Swistle said...

Don't think of it as being a pitiful follower, think of it as joining WITH the rest of us! After all, we weren't the first ones to join, either!

Swistle said...

(I know you said it WASN'T about telling you that, but that is one of MY personality flaws: plowing ahead with whatever comment I was forming at the beginning of the post.)