Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Am A Big Fat Liar

Dear Tracy,


I am very sorry to have told you a lie. I told you that my life had not been all that interrupted by the remodeling. Well, I can no longer stand by that statement. First of all, I was awakened this morning by a cal from my contractor (good neighbor friend a few houses down) at 6:54am to tell me that the worker bees were at my back door and couldn't get in. Duh!!! Every other work crew has shown up between 8 and 8:15am. My whole family was still sound asleep at 6:54am!!!! And then, this happened... (I hear it will be worse for the next week as the bed and texture, and paint crews start sanding and spraying)







What? You don't make breakfast in your bathroom?

BUT, BUT, BUT, Hey Mom!!! I have a PANTRY!!! FINALLY! Its not as big as we would've liked, but it is light years better than nothing which, as you know, is what we had before today! AND it has a door switch for the light - I LOVE those! they are ingenious! (Yes, indeed, I AM easily amused!)


5 comments:

SLynnRo said...

Maybe it's no kitchen, but from what I can see the bathroom looks fab.

Katie said...

I'm with slynnro, that is an awesome looking bathroom!

The remodeling looks like a giant PAIN IN THE ASS, however!

Tracy said...

I am intrigued with this door light. Please tell me more? (and yes, I am easily amused too!

MaryB said...

Tracy - It is one of those hidden switches wired in the door frame that turns the light on when the door is opened, and turns the light off when you close the door. Thus, I won't have to yell at my children to "Turn the light off!"

Slynn, and Tracy - thanks! I 'm rather partial to that room. It was one room the flippers did VERY well!! And, wouldn't you know it is the boys'/hall bath?? Apparently it is typical of 1950's homes to have a large hall bath and a very tiny master bath.

Mandy said...

I did not envy your whole construction site project until I learned about the light swithchy thingy for the pantry door!!!!