Saturday, October 4, 2008

You Are Going To Be SO Jealous

This weekend:

  • Husband is on road-trip bachelor party (can you see my eyes rolling?)
  • Jamie has history fair deadlines looming in the hear future
  • Jamie has major mythology exam
  • Jamie has SAT to study a bit for
  • Jamie has mythology presentation to plan
  • Connor has First Tee
  • Grant is way behind in his speech therapy "at home" work.
  • I have not followed through on my get ready to look hot-as-hell-and-knock-husband-on-his-ass-with-my-awesomeness-in-cute-dress-for-wedding plans. Feel need to start cramming like Claire Huxtable (Do you remember that episode?)
  • It is October the 4th and it is NINETY EFFING FOUR DEGREES outside and the rest of the damn country is "falling" into autumn. Texas sucks.
  • Need to paint fireplace brick and need to paint bathroom
  • Need to clean out fridge and clean the shelves and drawers

8 comments:

Julie said...

I lOVED mythology when I was in school. Can't tell you a thing about it now, unless it was made into a Disney movie! :)

So is there romance in the works for the husband?

Kristi said...

Wow...Thst is a crazy busy weekend. On Friday, I had a long list of things to get done. It's now Saturday afternoon and none of them have happened!!

Mandy said...

ok, first .. I could hardly read all of the list b/c I was laughing at seeing your eyes roll!!

and no, what episode of the cosby show was that??


and DUDE .. the SAfreakingT are you kidding???

is it greek/roman mythology??

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Why is Jamie studying for the SAT? Is he suddenly a high school junior?

MaryB said...

Mandy - episode: Dr. Huxtable is getting big-ass fancy award at formal party/dinner. claire had VERY favorite dress that wont fir anymore. She signs up with areobics sadist for twice per day of pure hell and goes on crazy ass diet.
Greek mythology

Mady and annie - He was an identified Duke Scholar from his stan. tests last year. (actually his whole class was selected/qualified) So, this means he takes an SAT in December. Obviosly he will not be looking or hoping for a school in what we grown ups would consider the "successful" range...but if you do a certain amount well you then get solicited by colleges and are offered all kinds of special enrichment opportunites through the years at Duke and a few other schools. Also, you get to put "Duke Scholar" on any and all applications...Do I sound like a braggy mom or what????

Mandy said...

THAT is very cool .. I bet his score will be better than mine was .. althoug dont they have the "new sat" now???

AND Duke is an 80mins that way (I am pointing east) and its a BEUATIFUL campus AND those lacrosse players got screwed by that how whole ordeal

I have no recollection of that episode ... :(

Tracy said...

Oh my! Funny how Rich isn't home. Is this really what I have to look forward to? I can't seem to get both girls off to school with the right uniform/homework/lunch as well as the second one in the right color for the day (preschool) or the right picture. I can't imagine as they get older. You rock.

Anonymous said...

mine four are on that track, too. it really works out as they get into high school. they usually will get involved in the governor's school program which rocks!