Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trader Tuesday - NEED YOUR INPUT! And, Some Bonus Whining

I'm having trouble focusing on my Trader Tuesday contribution. So, here's the plan. You are all going to help me out. Tell me what kind of recipe you are interested in today. Quick dinner ala Sandara Lee's Semi-homemade style? Or fancy-pants, send children away for the night, impress the hubs dinner ? Quick and easy dessert? Showy dessert? Old southern favs? One caveat - I DO NOT fry chicken at home. Ever. So, don't ask me about that. Ill post at 10:30, so get those requests in!

Reasons I cannot focus:

  • Too long of a to-do list
  • Fall Festival
  • Obsessing about dress for wedding. If I get brave Ill take pics of myself in all three and you can vote. Or, not. My internet bravado has its limits.
  • Damn family always needs to be fed
  • Choosing furniture (read: OBSESSING!)
  • Pissed off that the eldest got not one, BUT TWO, detentions! And would you effing believe that one of them was for SOCKS!!!!!
  • Other general, pissiness of both the friend and marital nature.
  • Went to Pilates for first time since December. Might I suggest that you do not ever take 10 months off of an activity you plan to continue? It hurts both your muscles and YOUR EGO very, very much.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Um. ya. on the food thing.... easy. It has to be easy. The fewer the cans to open the better.

Always keep extra chocolate cookies on hand. I don't care what anybody says. They are full of nutrition.

Pilates. OUCH! I feel your pain. I went back to the gym last night...walked 2 miles. Rode a bike for 7. Hips? What hips?

Please take pictures. Magazines are false advertising. And I'm sure you'll look good in whatever you pick.

Heck. It's just detention. He's not going to become a hooligan.

I'm so out of order of your list.

Mandy said...

recipe ... they are having a party in the cul-de-sac down the street and the invite says "bring something to share . .something unique and different" Ok go:


****

at the very least describe the dresses, the type of wedding (time, place, etc)

***

also, jealous of the furniture since my incoem provider has FORBIDDEN me to buy any

***


I cant remember what else ....

SLynnRo said...

Something involving cereal is likely the only thing I will cook, sadly.

Julie said...

Go with semi-homemade. I'm all about quick and easy these days!

Anything is Possible said...

I'm a big fan of easy these days. I made Pancho's chicken last week. Jas was in heaven. By the way, he loves you. Thanks!

lex said...

pictures in the dresses, please. am sure you would look lovely in all three, though.

el-e-e said...

Haha, 10:30... what was that again?

I feel you on the to-do list. I didn't even manage a "sorry, no recipe today" post so you're doing better than me.

I vote for Easy Recipe, pictures of dresses, and I will come over there and have A TALK with that young man if he does not shape up. His Godmother will not have this kind of reckless behavior, NO SIR. ;) Hee hee. I had to have A TALK with AJ last night, too.

Kristi said...

I want to see the dresses! How fun.

Detention? For socks? Nice.